Question to TMX Clan

Ska-Ara

Even if the owner attempted to make a miraculous comeback, he'd be trying to revive a graveyard.

Of course, there's a long and complicated answer with bitching and drama involved, but the clan essentially split into a few different groups, and the ones who stayed with Matrix watched as it fell out from under them.

Loaded question indeed. I don't think it's fair to even ask.

It isn't necesarily all their fault as a whole. They had something they wanted to hold together, despite futility. There is nothing wrong with that.

If they wanted to, they could in fact make a comeback with a functioning playerbase. Nobody needs their original admin to function. Nobody needs a teamspeak or a mainpage or game-server. They just need 4+ people with a [tmx] at the beginning of their name. They could even borrow off [CT] assets like teamspeak and server to play in, it's somewhere to chat and somewhere to play, nobody will judge because I respected TMX back in their day and still do.

If anything, it is possible their stuff would still be on if some dingleberry didn't DDOS RenX. It's more right to blame that anonymous bloke...

• 3 weeks later...

hmm becausen i joined the clan only some month ago, i didnt get the full informations about the problems. But infact the intern forum polls were highly frequented. But yeah feels strange to be in a clan with no real clanfunction :(, the clan war against EKT was fun.

Super-Kh":1hxym0hy]well we are sorta contacting each other through IRC however we don't have a main place were we all meet to discuss just mostly side discutions

Most everyone I ever see congregates at CT teamspeak, regardless of affiliation, because of it's lack of affiliation itself and it's reliability to being almost always online.

Just pitching that out there, it isn't exclusive in any way. I dig IRC myself so no harm in chatting through it either.

• Totem Arts Staff

The short answer will be, we're wiped out.

The long answer is that the clan and community haven't been too active even before the DDoS. We've got empty server all day long until DDoS came. Skeeze started to become inactive and stated that he can't/won't get the much needed protection so instead we resorted on back and forth migration between servers, which didn't work so well. It started all the flame wars about TmX's server quality and security which eventually led to B0ng's proposal for official server. EKT offered to sustain us by lending a full-fledged server with all the DDoS protection they could muster but eventually failed. Clan members lost faith and resigned. The only thing left is to finally give The Matrix Community its' proper funeral, unless someone's got a plan.

I don't have any myself, sorry

Main problem, if you ask me, is that the forum is down... Even without a server 'we' can still excist, but without forum this will be more difficult. But to be honest: I care more about the state of the game than the clan.

After over 10 years of TmX existence I think it's really time to say "gg".

I've had good times in TmX/Ren/RenX with you guys and others so I want to thank you for that.

I'm not going to write a whole essay about why so if you are interested just send me a pm.

If any of you want the domain and or server data to somehow continue with the community please send me a pm on this forum.

The dedicated server will go offline later this month.

• 3 weeks later...