[Map] DM-M13 (The Scorpion Hunters)

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Hello Everyone,

A few months ago I said I was making a remake of a Renegade Campaign level. Today I finished the first version of it (well I did that some months ago) I was keeping working on TrainingYard, Woods (That is now a mess) and I'm working again on City Flying (Not going to finish it alone because I need to make some meshes and I'm very bad on that part). And I wanted to do this last Friday. But I had some love probs :P. So I was depressed and I didn't want to game or develop the map further :(.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the map.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ze9 ... UZnZUJ0UUU

Hmm I just downloaded this, but I don't get it.

I can walk around a bit, see some pickups and than I end up watching the NOD oby + a gate, but I can't reach it. Map looks nice from what I can see, but I am clueless what to do in / with it?

Ow good luck with city flying, make sure to contact Havoc or Kenz and see what they have done allready? Maybe you can also teamup with some other people (Ruud, Henk, Deadlywolf, Nielson, Dakuja, Handepsilon?) to form a 'superteam' do work on City Flying?

• Totem Arts Staff
In the Original Renegade it was also not reachable. And it's a Deathmatch map :P

Ok, I was looking for things to do (a mission maybe), but now I understand.

Would be nice if it was a mission. But I'm very bad in kismet

I have been tied up for a very long time personally, but I was wondering how much progress you have made on City Flying. I was working on that a bit myself, and was wondering if I could either help you or vice versa. So far, I have a layout with CSG and some textures, and it makes some changes from original CityFlying's layout, but I too could use at least a few mesh for urbanesque decoration that CSG can't do.

Feel free to PM me. I am downloading the SDK for the first time on this machine I am using, since my unplanned move had interrupted my last attempt. That is, if the download will work, I am tempted to ask B0ng why he took the torrent link down because I will never get the file 3mbs per failed download attempt at a time.

Again: Brotranquilty and Thommy, plz find who has been working on this map and team up. There might be like 5 unfinished versions of the map....

It was months ago, but I did ask, it was mildly roundabout but at that point I was given a nearly definite answer that nobody had started another attempt yet. I'll ask if anyone has since the tibsun vehicle addition. Honestly, he seems to have a lot done himself too, so it isn't like we are starting at the longest point.

Take his, add mesh, detail midfield, detail the 2 buildings that do have interior, done. Of course it isn't ever exactly that simple, there are bound to be lengthy testing to make sure neither side is too OP or the harvester dumps are too uneven, but starting with a map shell with functioning placement and correct ratios, one can more quickly place functional map elements.

• 3 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

A little feedback from me about the map

Feels WAAAAAY too linear to be a Deathmatch map, with nothing but a single straight path. A Deathmatch map should be seamless and covered with junctions to get around the map and sometimes ambush other players. This does bring the feel of the mission's map, but this is in no way a proper deathmatch map

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

CNC-M13 Release V1.2

- Landscape optimizations

- Added sandblend materials to tankblockers and destroyed Lights / Meds

- Added Sounds

- Removed Pick-Ups because players drop ammo, armor and health after been killed

- Fixed the destroyed vehicles LOD (bad LOD from distance)

- Added Sun lensflare

- Fixed flying rocks

- Added Preview Image

hUUtLCe.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ze9D ... sp=sharing