Tiberium Field Damage

Madkill40

I've seen players walk across Tiberium fields with little worry for taking damage from the tiberium simply because the tiberium fields don't cause enough damage to a player, a Tib-Field should not be in any way a reasonable shortcut. It's a NOPE-zone.

Couldn't the tiberium kill players faster than it does already? Say, 15-25hp per 1.5 seconds depending how deep you are into a tib-field?

Tiberium Fields are not to be taken lightly by infantry, stepping into one should be a players first indication of "BAD IDEA" as opposed to "I could probably make that sprint".

Tiberium ain't hot coal and it's deadlier than a insane hooker with 5 STI's.

If a player's character could set on fire upon death after a tiberium field infection that would be a great too. (This last part is just for kicks. Technically an easter egg for anyone who remembers C&CTD)

Soldiers in Tiberian Dawn indeed died pretty quick from tiberium contamination. C&C Renegade made people lose health pretty quickly aswell, but not as fast indeed. Balance could be a factor here, i don't know.

Renegade X had tiberium damage lowered compared to C&C Renegade, but had the tiberium damage inflicted straight to your health, and not your armour, compensating for the lower damage rate. Tiberium still had to eat through your armour first in C&C Renegade before it started affecting your health, so putting this in mind, i believe tiberium damage in Renegade X is quite balanced. There is no real need to change this, really.

Soldiers in Tiberian Dawn indeed died pretty quick from tiberium contamination. C&C Renegade made people lose health pretty quickly aswell, but not as fast indeed. Balance could be a factor here, i don't know.

Renegade X had tiberium damage lowered compared to C&C Renegade, but had the tiberium damage inflicted straight to your health, and not your armour, compensating for the lower damage rate. Tiberium still had to eat through your armour first in C&C Renegade before it started affecting your health, so putting this in mind, i believe tiberium damage in Renegade X is quite balanced. There is no real need to change this, really.

Fair point.

Although a slight increase in damage would still be worthwhile.

• 3 weeks later...

If anything ,the Damage Over Time that is applied after a character leaves the field should be decreased. It's extremely annoying when I step on the Tiberium, for a split second, and it continues to deplete my health by no small amount.

The damage it does may be buffed, but the after effect should definitely be nerfed.