All Renegade X Maps needs a silo

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Yo

I play Renegade X since the release of Beta 3 and I still dont why the maps: Islands, Walls and Volcano don´t have a silo

I hope all the maps have a silo in the full version or in an upcoming patch

It would be interesting to have a Silo in the middle of the cavern on Walls because of there being four vantage points either faction could take advantage of. (Ground, walkway, top of the cavern and ariel)

An underground silo in the sub-tunnels on Islands would be tricky but also interesting.

I suppose on the cliff edge just below the bunker on Volcano would be an interesting place to put a silo, access via a steep stairway from above and below for the infantry making for some interesting tactics.

These would just be interesting. (to me)

On a whole, I quite enjoy the extra dynamic the silos add to the game so much that it's refreshing, something to fight over is always nice.

Like C&C_Walls_Flying and C&C_Walls from Old Renegade, perhaps (for example) Renegade-X may require to have CNC Under and CNC Under-NS (No Silo). :P

• Totem Arts Staff

I don't personally mind silos, but I don't think they fit every map.

Seriously, Islands already has infinite money. Volcano has nowhere you could put a silo without having to change other dynamics of the map (not to mention Volcano is meant to be quick base-on-base action anyway... not alternate objective nonsense). Walls... is already Walls. Again, a silo really wouldn't add much of anything to it, except now Orcas would have a centralized point to kill-whore off of more.

The silo on Under is probably the best placed silo though to be honest. The Field silo is still kind of iffy, and I think it should have been built around the tunnels, but whatever.

Morale of the story:

No... all maps don't need a silo. If anything I still wish silos worked differently.. but my ideas would require a character modeler.