Ideas

RvE

I just want to add some ideas that might be good or bad in the game or might also improve the team balance of both sides, either way, enjoy the reading and have fun in the battlefield.

- Early TS crates, they should be non existent earlier in the game, until at least 3 minutes, that way it helps whoever the one is doing a tactical maneuver, instead of being crush by early TS vehicles and crippling your so called rush(It is fun when your side have the ts vehicles xD).

- Tiberium Field suit(cost 500 and change the user/player character with the added field suit) sort of a character upgrade, it can be used as a way to traverse the harsh environment of tiberium fields without dying, also helpful when you are a hotty/tech repairing vehicles on open tib field, without the tank you're repairing backing up and harming you on the tib behind(usually happens and I have died sometimes due to it). Also gives tactical maneuverability on the user.

- Stealth detector(cost 1000 and change the user with a bag on his/her back with a logo for easier reference on stealth guys on who to avoid)are you tried of getting your head pop up while standing still in the open on those pesky SBH guy, well this can help balance it out, SBH will be detected 100m or maybe 200m away from you and they will be uncloaked that way it will ease up the defense, instead of getting surprise butt s3x every time and surprise nukes on your base.

- Reinforce Armor(500 or 800 additional cost and will be fitted on the next vehicle you buy) GDI storming the fronts without even sweating much due to their heavier armor, why not buy a Reinforce Armor to help you out?, adds a 250 hp or 500 hp to the vehicle, that way you can deal more damage before dying.

- Sentry guns (cost 1000 team limit 4 or higher)(Where are the sentry guns at? saw them on the youtube trailer years earlier) They have a AI aim of level 2 that way they are not accurate enough but still deadly if they hit you maybe the damage of 10 hp per 3 bullets? And the Sentry will warn about the attack by a loud alarm.

- Suicide bomber suit(cost 500 and equip the current character the player have with a radiation belt, that way people will know who to avoid or priorities in killing) When you die you will not die in vain, and you will die with a boom, and damage everyone, friend or foe with this character upgrade. (Just an idea with a cost)

- Choose your spawn, everyone can spawn with a 10 or 5 sec time limit on the chosen spawn point inside their base, that way everyone can spawn on where they want instead of spawning indefinitely every time you die on a far away building. Also help attackers know the enemy will spawn 10 or 5 seconds if the enemy die.

- Airlift of vehicles, they only airlift Humvee/buggy and apc (maybe the mrls and arty too) instead of all tanks available, that way it can really hurt the loosing side and benefit the attacking side.

- Rocket Upgrade(cost 600 additional to the next Humvee/buggy you buy and it will be armed with a rocket launcher[carries 4 at a time]) damage maybe 20 hp or 30 hp per rocket.

- Character Veterancy [free character offer no reward]

#first level of veterancy 20 hp [kill 2x the cost of the of his/her character]

#second level add 10 hp and 5 hp more damage on his gun[needs to kill 5x the cost of his character not including the first set he/she killed]

#third and last add stim packs that heals the user 1 hp per 5 seconds and increase his/her speed by 5 percent[needs to kill 20x the cost of his/her character not including the first and second set]

- Tank Veterancy(Special character included on the cost of kill count)

#first level of veterancy adds 100 hp [kill 10x the cost of the vehicle]

#second adds 5 hp damage resistant [kill 25x the cost of the vehicle]

#third adds self repair 1hp per 5 seconds [kill atleast 60x the cost of the vehicle]

- repair gun only for vehicles and buildings, you cannot repair a person who got shot, you need medical equipment for it.

# Health pack sidearm(engy, hotty and tech exclusive)(Heal yourself [right click]or others [left click] up to full health[1hp per hit]) that way either the hottie/tech buy a good sidearm or sacrifice self protection to heal others.

That is all my ideas though.

- Tiberium suit : I think that would be unfair since nod has a unit that survives in tiberium (chem sprayer) and it doesn't cost that much,plus if that could be accessble then tiberium weapons just wouldn't do any damage would they ? so I have to disagree with that one......

-stealth detector : now that could be game breaking for nod,because stealth is their key to win,also if GDI had this advantage,what advantage in return could nod have ? NOTHING,GDI doesn't have stealth,and even if they get an sbh spy,it is not as helpful for nod as it is helpful for GDI,it would literly kill the only advantage nod relies on most of the time

• Totem Arts Staff

Already plan on building an upgrade system, but don't know about some of these ideas. The armour upgrades are on the list already... but other than that I don't know how I feel about a fire-and-forget stealth detector.

Suicide vests/Suicide packages for vehicles.... that may be coming sooner than anything else.

MAY

Super-Kh":1wyzuspd]- Tiberium suit : I think that would be unfair since nod has a unit that survives in tiberium (chem sprayer) and it doesn't cost that much,plus if that could be accessble then tiberium weapons just wouldn't do any damage would they ? so I have to disagree with that one......

-stealth detector : now that could be game breaking for nod,because stealth is their key to win,also if GDI had this advantage,what advantage in return could nod have ? NOTHING,GDI doesn't have stealth,and even if they get an sbh spy,it is not as helpful for nod as it is helpful for GDI,it would literly kill the only advantage nod relies on most of the time

The Tiberium suit you can still be damage by tim weapons, check the chem sprayer he can still be killed by tib weapons, I though he does not get damage because GDI was using tib base weapon on the line so I decided to rush them but I died XDD not by tanks because it was a infantry path.

Actually 50m or 100m of stealth detector is quite okay, just to remove those whiners whom can't decide to patrol, also the counter for this is stealth can fire while half cloak upgrade that way targeting them is a bit hard and lock on don't work on them. (I always lols when my missiles still follows a invisible target, how? does those rockets have some sort of cloak detector?)

• Totem Arts Staff
Chem Trooper can't kill each others with their sprayer, but Flechette and Autorifle damages them.... don't ask why
Suicide vests/Suicide packages for vehicles.... that may be coming sooner than anything else.

Down with no flaming vehicles rule?

Down with dumb, overly cost-effective flaming vehicles that require minimal skill. Up with Nod getting more terrorists-like abilities alongside GDI getting more upgrades of their own.

Chem Trooper can't kill each others with their sprayer, but Flechette and Autorifle damages them.... don't ask why

Well I think the reason they don't damage themselves is that their weapons spray tiberium while the Flechette and Autorifle fire ammunition coated or purely tiberium on people, that is why I think it damage the suit of the Chem Trooper[but on my experience Chem Trooper offer a bit of resistance on tib based weapons]

Wow suicide trucks XDD, that would help Nod deal with the heavy armor of GDI if they can manage to deliver before getting massacred that is :rolleyes: .

- Choose your spawn, everyone can spawn with a 10 or 5 sec time limit on the chosen spawn point inside their base, that way everyone can spawn on where they want instead of spawning indefinitely every time you die on a far away building. Also help attackers know the enemy will spawn 10 or 5 seconds if the enemy die.

This is something I'd love to have, even without the spawn timer increase.

Down with dumb, overly cost-effective flaming vehicles that require minimal skill. Up with Nod getting more terrorists-like abilities alongside GDI getting more upgrades of their own.

Like these?

[attachment=0]latest.jpg[/attachment]

Will they scream "allahu akbar", "USA! USA! USA!" or just good old "Long live Kane!" when they blow up?

Down with no flaming vehicles rule?

The tiberium flechette and autorifle are bullets piercing through the chem suit. The chem spray just fills the atmosphere and burns those who aren't covered.

Preferably not 'Allahu Akbar'. It's nice to hear our God's name being spoken out but not when it's linked with terrorism

It does my heart good everytime I hear someone nut up and say this. +respect

Please note, the following are suggestions, but most of them are needlessly complicated given the amount of coding manpower available to do such things.

- Early TS crates, they should be non existent earlier in the game, until at least 3 minutes, that way it helps whoever the one is doing a tactical maneuver, instead of being crush by early TS vehicles and crippling your so called rush(It is fun when your side have the ts vehicles xD).

Already implemented next patch. Was in previous patch, but a single crate with multiple effects was replaced with individual crates each with their own effect. Gameplay wise the same, code wise more specialized to allow higher flexibility of modding/adding.

- Tiberium Field suit(cost 500 and change the user/player character with the added field suit) sort of a character upgrade, it can be used as a way to traverse the harsh environment of tiberium fields without dying, also helpful when you are a hotty/tech repairing vehicles on open tib field, without the tank you're repairing backing up and harming you on the tib behind(usually happens and I have died sometimes due to it). Also gives tactical maneuverability on the user.

- Stealth detector(cost 1000 and change the user with a bag on his/her back with a logo for easier reference on stealth guys on who to avoid)are you tried of getting your head pop up while standing still in the open on those pesky SBH guy, well this can help balance it out, SBH will be detected 100m or maybe 200m away from you and they will be uncloaked that way it will ease up the defense, instead of getting surprise butt s3x every time and surprise nukes on your base.

Meh, those are already built into the game. Nod has special utility characters and a tiberium resistant unit is one that is very useful on volcano, complex, and canyon. GDI, well, they have various autofire weapons to sweep for sbh and a little experience in the game will hopefully make you able to see SBH and lot let them pass right by you in plain sight while you don't notice.

However, some people have the idea of an upgrade system. Having a veterancy or upgrade system that modifies the range that sbh start to become invisible by a very short margain might be cool. And Nod can get Visceroid Mutants perhaps, that not only survive in tiberium but heal while inside of tiberium.

- Reinforce Armor(500 or 800 additional cost and will be fitted on the next vehicle you buy) GDI storming the fronts without even sweating much due to their heavier armor, why not buy a Reinforce Armor to help you out?, adds a 250 hp or 500 hp to the vehicle, that way you can deal more damage before dying.

I would neither mind this system of modification being added to the game engine, nor mind this being a purchaseable thing for vehicles/infantry. To be honest, customizable things would bring out some gameplay variety and call of duty like flavor, without being too complicated or messing up existing gameplay. The game can still be classically class themed infantry and vehicles, with the addition of utility secondary weapons like anti tank for naturally anti infantry classes and anti infantry for naturally anti armor classes and a secondary weak repairgun for sustainability in field without limiting to a free class especially if bar/hon is lost.

- Sentry guns (cost 1000 team limit 4 or higher)(Where are the sentry guns at? saw them on the youtube trailer years earlier) They have a AI aim of level 2 that way they are not accurate enough but still deadly if they hit you maybe the damage of 10 hp per 3 bullets? And the Sentry will warn about the attack by a loud alarm.

Never saw this before, in this game at least. Idk about mobile placeable turrets, that seems like other game's schtick. However, installable static base defenses could be decent if cost and power were balanced. Just now it would be nice to be able to pay 1.5k for a tower/turret/sam to place at a location, be inactive but vunerable to damage for 15 seconds after installation, and just be like a regular gdi/nod defense structure afterwards. Maybe a limit of 3 of each, including map-start ones?

- Suicide bomber suit(cost 500 and equip the current character the player have with a radiation belt, that way people will know who to avoid or priorities in killing) When you die you will not die in vain, and you will die with a boom, and damage everyone, friend or foe with this character upgrade. (Just an idea with a cost)

I like this idea either as an addition to any character any faction can buy, or as a unit itself. If it were available with any unit you buy though, it would have to be the damage of a grenade currently (half-third player health) and about 2-3 times the radius. That way, it doesn't gurantee a kill or is too gimmicky or has to cost a lot to balance (300creds works)

I wish each PT would have an icon off in the corner, that makes that PT spawn your preferred spawn. When not selected, you automatically spawn at the spawn with least players spawning (to allow teammates to cover empty buildings and not leave them watchless)

- Airlift of vehicles, they only airlift Humvee/buggy and apc (maybe the mrls and arty too) instead of all tanks available, that way it can really hurt the loosing side and benefit the attacking side.

I won't lie. I would rather transport helicopters have this than a really strong passenger weapon. Or likewise, a "passenger anchor" that allows passenger seats to be grips on the outside, so they can fire as infantry from the vehicle but also be shot and killed from enemies (AOE does 1/4 damage as so any AOE/lockon will damage infantry but not kill them way before the vehicle itself). This could also be an "upgrade" if upgrades are ever implemented, maybe even the standard 3 person transport heli with the passenger sidecannons and an upgrade that adds the ability for you to ferry vehicles an a separate upgrade that does the same for 2 additional infantry on the outside.

- Rocket Upgrade(cost 600 additional to the next Humvee/buggy you buy and it will be armed with a rocket launcher[carries 4 at a time]) damage maybe 20 hp or 30 hp per rocket.

If balanced right could make sense. Could either be an upgrade, a more expensive variant, or a variant that is balanced to be terrible at anti infantry and mediocre at vehicle hit-run tactics. TBH, if we had an anti-armor humvee/buggy variant, those could be all that airdrops are limited to obtaining.

- Character Veterancy [free character offer no reward]

#first level of veterancy 20 hp [kill 2x the cost of the of his/her character]

#second level add 10 hp and 5 hp more damage on his gun[needs to kill 5x the cost of his character not including the first set he/she killed]

#third and last add stim packs that heals the user 1 hp per 5 seconds and increase his/her speed by 5 percent[needs to kill 20x the cost of his/her character not including the first and second set]

Veterancy based on lifespan is snowbally and discourages sacrifices for the team which is important if you are losing and trying to spawn and defend just to keep an enemy rush at bay. Veterancy based on match progression makes sense. It doesn't have to be as noticable as far as slow passive health regen or discounted costs. Or it could allow upgrades to obtain cool new units or additions.

- Tank Veterancy(Special character included on the cost of kill count)

#first level of veterancy adds 100 hp [kill 10x the cost of the vehicle]

#second adds 5 hp damage resistant [kill 25x the cost of the vehicle]

#third adds self repair 1hp per 5 seconds [kill atleast 60x the cost of the vehicle]

Probably should be attached to player veterancy. Or player upgrades. As far as tank individual lifespans, they are already very survivable in field to the point of base siege being easy, so if anything their abilities should deteriorate the longer they are out of base or in the field, but with airstrikes being effective, I can settle for them just staying the same lol.

- repair gun only for vehicles and buildings, you cannot repair a person who got shot, you need medical equipment for it.

# Health pack sidearm(engy, hotty and tech exclusive)(Heal yourself [right click]or others [left click] up to full health[1hp per hit]) that way either the hottie/tech buy a good sidearm or sacrifice self protection to heal others.

I wouldn't mind a variation of the engineer/hotwire/tech roles, into individual classes or side-purchases. Have weak repairgun for vehicles and structures but not infantry, have 1 item for just infantry and possibly even use on yourself (but it have a cooldown or likewise be able to heal a little once and take a while to do so again), have 1 strong repairgun for tanks that slowly repairs buildings, have 1 strong repairgun for buildings that slowly repairs tanks, possibly just an upgrade option for the weak repairgun that permanently does one or the other but unlocked individually, and possibly separating the c4/proxymines into their own purchaseable equipment or upgrade or class.

While I am at it, can I suggest having a small anti-tank mine limit and a class with them, and having anti-tank mines not explode or damage infantry (infantry multiplier of 0, infantry doesn't trigger) but do 200 damage a piece to tanks?

Personally, I had a similar thought a year ago when I was starting out on B1,

Letsee if I can dig it up...

Here is what I've got so far:

Adv Power Plant - Reduces prices by 10% - 15%, Keeps Base Defenses active

Crane- Auto Repairs buildings (1% basewide per 4 seconds)

I want to say Garage, but I'd be delving into RA Territory and I doubt it would happen anyways.

Let me know what you think? I think it would be fun to hear your thoughts.

Rock

• Totem Arts Staff

Building small objects isn't much of an issue. They're usually just actors, and in turrets cases, actors with actors inside of them. Just spawn them, make sure you can't have too many, then make sure they can't be placed in awkward places, and make sure there's nothing really expensive about them, code-wise. Honestly all the logic a turret needs is pretty fast anyway...it's just a stationary bot.

Stealth detector:

Nope. the range is ridiculous and it nullifies an entire classes ability, even for that price. Just keep your eyes open. I would maybe agree to a cheaper detector that simply increases the distortion you see when they get close.

Reinforce armor:

Nah, first off it won't help in your situation as GDI can do the same, making their vehicles even more tanky. Second off the vehicles are finally in balance compared to the old Renegade. Sure there still need to be some changes probably, but screwing that up with this... I would rather not have that.

Suicide bomber:

It's pretty random, and I don't think the game has many defense options against players getting within your range. So I would say no.

Choose your spawn:

Definitely, completely no, no nononononononononooooooooooooooooooo.

Choosing your spawn means it becomes almost impossible to destroy a building from the inside unless you can remain undetected. Having to fight off the same guy who respawns every 10 seconds is a terrible thing, as they would constantly spawn right into the building you are attacking, allowing them much better chances to defend and disarm.

Airlift:

I really think that the ability to get vehicles after the warfactory/airstrip is destroyed should be eliminated. The best games I've played were Marathon games where you had to use massive teamwork and patience to defeat the other team. To prevent 100% complete stalemates (however fun they were when you finally broke it) you can keep the low-end vehicles.

But seriously, the best battles I've had, were on maps where both teams had buildings destroyed. My longest game was during a vacation, and the battle lasted 3 damn days! You could eat, go to sleep and it was still running when you got back, then do it again!

One reason buildings need to be part of the map is cause their exterior lighting is statically build with the maps lighting. To have dynamic spawnable buildings they would need to be lit dynamically. That was tried before and it absolutly killed fps. So thats one big reason why the Buildings cant just be spawned mid game.

The different crates BroTranquilty mentions are interesting. You could implement a capturable or neutral only tech building that spawns a (TS) vehicle crate every 10 minutes or so. Not a huge advantage, but a welcome addition. Also the tech building could unlock more TS stuff, like a cyborg (big chaingun, light vehicle style health of which he has a ton, immune to Tiberium and very slow moving. Come to think of it, basically a non-exit wolverine that can be resupplied at terminals. Commando anyone?) or a disc thrower.

I will only agree to the tib field suit if it would reduce damage. True immunity should be reserved for the chem trooper.

The stealth detector is just a big no. They are pesky and lots of people used the wrong in the old Renegade, so I assume that is also the case in Renegade-X, but in no way I want to weaken them at this point.

The reinforce armour is doubtful. Like Demigan says, why would GDI not do the same? They only need more creds. On the other hand, I am a fan of what they do in some other games, giving upgrade slots. for just a little extra you can change some small features. Faster or exploding bullets, faster or more stable treads, better gyroscopes reducing recoil or laser targeting that gives you an aiming dot. There are lots of options you can add to buying a tank or weapon (just add small boxes over the tanks and let you choose different options like with the silenced pistol/machine pistol etc.). All for higher prices proportionate to the upgrade. All relative small upgrades that should not overpower any weapon or tank. Rocket buggies (or a large TOW-missile?) can fit here too as an extra upgrade.

Bomber suits and sentry guns? I rather kill my enemies with skill. A big no to me.

As Demigan mentions, no allowing you to choose your spawn. Also no airlifting vehicles after the WF or airstrip (that ALWAYS airlifts vehicles?) is destroyed. Although I can see why you would want some small tanks to be purchasable, I too think that a harsh punishment is the only punishment when losing a building. It makes them valuable and incredibly important as a resource. Not a "doesn't matter, we still have 3 other buildings" point of view.

I'm fully, 100% against veterancy as done in the RTS and all other games. Renegade is unique as you can enter the game at a much later time and still be able to play along with everyone as soon as you've overcome your credit disadvantage. This doesn't take long in Renegade-X. Giving health and speed boosts goes against this, as it gives advantages to the players that play longer and are more experienced, creating a bigger gap between both the experienced vs non-experienced and the playing longer vs just joined group. This goes for both match terms as well as future progress terms.

I will agree to a different sort. Every match you can gain experience that unlocks sidegrades. These aren't upgrades, just a small shift in the specialisation. You could imagine a chem mutant that has less health than the chem trooper but heals in Tiberium.