Weekly Sat. Pickup Games V2

RoundShades

Countdown Link: Saturday RenX Pickup Game

^Updated for 08/08, Always Click Here to Check Time^

We are starting back up the Weekly RenX Pickup Games, on Saturday. It will be about 2 hours earlier than hosted before, to accomodate for better European attendance such as it won't be midnight for them. The exact time until, in days/hours/minutes, is posted in the link above, and is correct for everyone since it is a countdown and not an actual time. Idk what it even is in GMT, im using Yeehaw time, so it is 1pm Central US on Saturday, and somewhere in the evening for EU players. Again, countdown time is above, check it regularly to see when you should be on.

ts.constructivetyranny.com

^Also Updated Weekly and May Change, Be Here On Time Or Slightly Before, If You Are Late You May End Up Missing Some of the Games^

To participate, you must get on the teamspeak above to get the password. That way, we can organize the highest teamwork possible. You don't need to use teamspeak, just hear through it, so we can organize teams as well as make in-game callouts and craft plans of attack.

The server will be passworded, and will be called Pickup Game. Likely hosted for now by CT, although the Teamspeak and Server may be different in the future so check this post regularly! It is posted in every RenX forum simultaneously, and will try to remind the hour-of in every active server in-game, so you have no excuse to forget or not attend!

Team-leaders will organize teams, you will switch to their team, high levels of cooperative rushes and squads will occur, games will usually last about 3-6 matches or 1.5-3 hours. Then we will kick you back out into your own little world to play pubs with your friends again (or switch to ALL DECK ALL DAY)

Thank you for your participation, it is greatly appreciated. Stay tuned, as we are trying to organize this across multiple communities now.

8pm Amsterdam/Berlin timezone (=GMT+1)

7pm UK timezone (=GMT)

I recommend everyone who wants to attend, to be present atleast 15 minute ahead of starttime.

On TS that is, no headphones muted.

For the grouping part, 1st and last time I participated, we joined the server and let the server decide the team matchup.

Drawback from that was, only 2 or 3 were able to talk in TS for my team while the other team had ALL except for one able to talk in TS. It was a 6v7 match with my team having 6.

I believe the organizers should take that into consideration as it hampers teamplay.

7pm UK timezone (=GMT)

I recommend everyone who wants to attend, to be present atleast 15 minute ahead of starttime.

For the grouping part, 1st and last time I participated, we joined the server and let the server decide the team matchup.

Drawback from that was, only 2 or 3 were able to talk in TS for my team while the other team had ALL except for one able to talk in TS. It was a 6v7 match with my team having 6.

I believe the organizers should take that into consideration as it hampers teamplay.

I have suggested the pro-schoolyard selection method. Basically, team captains are selected, each chooses a number between 1 and 10, closest to a number we typed in private gets to choose first or second. If first, chooses first teammate. If second, other guy chooses first. The second chooser will get to choose 2 people on their first pick though, and then each will choose 1 a piece until everyone is chosen.

Teams can be rebalanced mid-play as well, if after 2 matches it doesn't seem fair, the teams will trade the highest scoring non-captain on the winning team, with the lowest scoring player on the enemy team. Wala. Problem solved.

7pm UK timezone (=GMT)

I have suggested the pro-schoolyard selection method. Basically, team captains are selected, each chooses a number between 1 and 10, closest to a number we typed in private gets to choose first or second. If first, chooses first teammate. If second, other guy chooses first. The second chooser will get to choose 2 people on their first pick though, and then each will choose 1 a piece until everyone is chosen.

Teams can be rebalanced mid-play as well, if after 2 matches it doesn't seem fair, the teams will trade the highest scoring non-captain on the winning team, with the lowest scoring player on the enemy team. Wala. Problem solved.

Great way! all the more reason to show up ahead of start time though ;)

Not sure if I can get in tomorrow. Hotel room won't offer privacy from my parents...

If they don't mind you playing, privacy won't matter much. Turn it way down, I at least will type most important in-game events.

If they do, sorry we won't see you this week, there is always next week.

EDIT: Countdown updated for 25th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
well I was thinking to included the link in my YT description ..if you update it regulary .

I can show you how to do it if you want to. I just always have trouble doing it myself. I can also just look for a self-updating one, that would be terrific....

EDIT: I did it. Bam. Link Below. I even took a mild risk editing Yosh's PUG post without direct permission, leaving a note that I did so. Your request has been fulfilled, now you can't say we don't listen to request and do what we can.

EDIT: This link is timezone dependent, different link in the actual topic, but don't use this one.

Ren-X PUG Weekly Countdown Link

although the one in PUG thread look nicer .Webpage wasnt responding halft the time and 2 of 3 the clocks was set to something else ( now the all 3 set for the same )and page is full publicity.

The other one http://goo.gl/Ezu7kx is older look but has no publicity.. but there is a 1 hour difference from the 2

1: There wasn't supposed to be an hour difference.

2: The older looking one, trust me, I tested it with 23rd date instead, just to find later, that it resets for year, and not for week. No way to make it do weeks.

Still working on this though. The one with multiple clocks, should be fine, unless the unlikely event that it's timezone dependent, which defeats it's purpose anyway, but I'll see...

EDIT: Since the clock appears to be dependent on user-clock to generate, meaning it shoots timezones in the foot, I think I found a new link. Still thinking on just hosting a page for it.