Scared

Truxa

Seriously, why are there so many people "scared" to lose their vehicles or characters if it leads to your team's victory?

EKT Marathon server, so unless you destroy the enemy buildings, this remains a stalemate.

Field map.

GDI was on the front door of Nod, with atleast 4 mammoths, 2 MLRS and a couple Meds. As arranged to steamroll in and kill Hon, the douchebag in front of me rolled back when he hit 75% health, blocking me and others. Ok, he got out of the way so I go and show how it's done, right? Well, my mammoth got destroyed and I was thinking, no problem, the other tanks are barraging the HoN. But then people started to back off again ... Me being a hotty trying to repair them, instead of advancing further, they left me vulnerable to enemy fire and backing off ...

We had Nod on their downfall, yet people are plainly too stupid and scared to lose their vehicles ... No war is won without sacrifice, without 0 casualties (unless unopposed ofc). So what is it that makes people put their tails between their legs and back off from the assault?! Seriously, this gets me off soooo many times, especially when leading the charge and repairing as a hotty/techy when my tank gets pounded to dust.

I wish folks would push more once they arrive at the front door in large enough numbers. It seems especially funny when you see 4 mammy and extra vehicles with support repair personnel - all camped at the front gate.

I wonder sometimes if it is the effect of marathon games. It seems kind of contradictory, but maybe some folk are just not thinking about ending the game as much as they are thinking of the fight.

I love being a support player, but with people today on this game, WHO should I support?

DON'T expect people to help you out, actually this Game is all about INDIVIDUAL skills and the other is TEAM COORDINATION. I have seen many times when 1 person solo the other teams base because his/her team is not competent enough to understand the logic between suicide rushing or rushing to victory.

But it will be epic to see a hour and hours of marathon fight if both team are competent by having decent players and people whom will sacrifice just to lead to the TEAMS VICTORY.

I love being a support player, but with people today on this game, WHO should I support?

DON'T expect people to help you out, actually this Game is all about INDIVIDUAL skills and the other is TEAM COORDINATION. I have seen many times when 1 person solo the other teams base because his/her team is not competent enough to understand the logic between suicide rushing or rushing to victory.

But it will be epic to see a hour and hours of marathon fight if both team are competent by having decent players and people whom will sacrifice just to lead to the TEAMS VICTORY.

But there is something realy anoying. It's called: the voting system with the emphasis on voting for new maps.

People dont want to teamwork and when that doesnt work, well, lets just spam votes to change maps in which you CAN do stuff solo ... -sigh-

Because it isn't a coordinated strike. Field's design just forces it to look like a team is coordinated when in reality there's just 10 lone-wolves funneled into a tight area.

This is very profound. I am mindblown thinking how true this is. How did this ellude my own comprehension until just now?

I find it fun when there is a lot of soloing going on.... to back up a player and if they are sharp then sometimes it is enough to dominate the field. Even a small amount of teamwork can sometimes shift the battle. Having a heavy pistol has helped me do this because even a support hotwire has some firepower.

Finding a player who knows how to use support can sometimes be a mini quest.

I find it fun when there is a lot of soloing going on.... to back up a player and if they are sharp then sometimes it is enough to dominate the field. Even a small amount of teamwork can sometimes shift the battle. Having a heavy pistol has helped me do this because even a support hotwire has some firepower.

Finding a player who knows how to use support can sometimes be a mini quest.

In a tank battle solo, if you just barely lose to another tank, you can easily take down the enemy's 600 cred investment because a heavy pistol can easily chip off 6% of an enemy, depending on distances even 10-12%.

Not many people do that cuz dat damn carbine, but I do it if I am driving a tank or repairing a tank siege.

• Totem Arts Staff

The only time I pull back is if the rush feels like it was gonna fail, or if I'm very low on money

But I never like participating in a rush. Not because I think it's a stupid thing or whatever, but because I feel like I might just become the reason why rushes fail. So instead if I'm not deffing, I provided some distraction support to draw the opposing vehicles' attention to me.

Nothing is more satisfying than seeing a bunch of tanks and infantries flipping at your Stank or some light transport vehicles bypassing into the enemy base and thinks that you're a real threat, then starts to rain fire on you until you die, even though you're already away from the base (it actually happens. My buggy managed to get inside the GDI base and then a squad of infantries and humvees chased me for no good reason)

• 3 weeks later...
Super-Kh":1la2lchz]this is why I hate teamwork,unless I am with well-known players,other than that.....I go sneaky style :cool:

Sneaky style is not always a solution. Especially on maps with base defenses.

It is annoying 2bh when you're just about to rush in and a mammy gets a slightly bloody nose and goes ABORT ABORT ABORT. Reverses and screws up the entire rush.

This, exactly this is why I tend to remember playernames and know when I should join a rush or not.

If a player like Handepsilon is there getting the bloody nose because he's low on funds, boohoohoo! we all invest in the game.

I'm always round and about 1k credits when I buy a new character, unless I dont die often. I hate to sit idle by and doing nothing productive because I'm low on funds ...

When you are low on funds, go shotgunner and hunt in the tunnels. Or go engineer and repair vehicles. Or better yet, when you are going to the front, make sure you are a techy/hotty while in the vehicle so you can immediately start repairing others when you lose your tank, regardless of the credits you have left... it's a team effort, not just 1 player carrying the team. Who cares if you lose your tank, your mammoth takes on 4 obelisk hits, better you than the engineers/techies repairing the tanks! Better you than other tanks, cuz you will be there to repair them when you get destroyed. Better you than anyone else, so the rest can continue the rush.

In a rush, tanks get destroyed, but if it means the obelisk/AGT dies, then it's a gg

• Totem Arts Staff
If a player like Handepsilon is there getting the bloody nose because he's low on funds
Well tbh, I don't think I've remembered the time I pulled back because of the reason I said. But yes... please don't include me in any rushes. I mean it. I'm not an attacker type

If a player like Handepsilon is there getting the bloody nose because he's low on funds
Well tbh, I don't think I've remembered the time I pulled back because of the reason I said. But yes... please don't include me in any rushes. I mean it. I'm not an attacker type

Sorry hande, I just noticed how bad I wrote this! I forgot a word, should have said:

This, exactly this is why I tend to remember playernames and know when I should join a rush or not.

If a player, like Handepsilon sais, is there getting the bloody nose because he's low on funds...

Wasn't intended to attack you personally, just the playertype who does this retreating shit

• 2 months later...

I think I was in the game OP mentioned or at least a similar one. Many times a rush failed cos someone stopped and blocked and also although rushes were organised (somehow), no one seemed to organise what to attack, seemed to be a free for all.

I'm always quite happy to support tanks with a hotty (I'm usually more useful to the team as support than attack) and always get a hotty when I get a tank so I can assist when I lose vehicle but it seems so futile when the tanks don't support you (eg running away leaving you exposed) or just point whore without doing anything constructive.