Buggy on fire

Wrench

• Totem Arts Staff
Question, is the dev working on a way to prevent flaming vehicles? I'm neither pro or contra, but seeing as the tactic is frowned upon...

It's not just frowned upon, it's outright overpowered. Also, the limit on remote-C4 should at least curtail a single person's ability to do it. Still, 4 remotes is enough to end a Med's life. Don't see why vehicles need to take such rediculous splash damage from C4 to begin with.

Plus, your an idiot if a buggy can reach your med. and even worse if someone suicide rushing a single vehicle is detrimental to your team.

I totally disagree with you here!

How are you considered an "idiot" if the buggy is maneuverable and you just can't land 5 consecutive shots on that buggy?

Even so, driving around tight corners well give the med 2 shots at max to the buggy, how can you prevent that buggy hitting you there and then?!

Last thing:

Shock and awe!

A flaming buggy killing that 1 tank will make the other players reconsider and stalling the advance (if there is any) or in case of defense, that 1 med is down for the rest of your team to forget about.

Oh sorry, last thing for real now: Last time I heard, Christ never fucked anyone

• Totem Arts Staff

Fun fact, when going man o man o, even Field AGT cannot take down a shifting buggy before it hugs the wall. Buggy is the most maneuverable vehicle that will fuck your shit up in the most bizarre way possible (for example, trampling GDI infantries in a single buggy rush while transporting a tech in).

I guess I'd be fine too if that buggy can only take down a med at max. but if you're lucky or smart, 7 C4 flaming buggy can actually take down a Mammoth. You have to put it on the front so the C4 would be underneath the Mammy's hull to get a satisfying result. Even so, that's quite broken.

Also, how about flaming infantry? Proxy vest is imba at the body of a good sneaky runner (although you'll be deprived from accessing PT, :P)

• Totem Arts Staff
Fuckin Christ. Even games like battlefield which are much more developed still have that. It's a perfectly fine strategy.

Plus, your an idiot if a buggy can reach your med. and even worse if someone suicide rushing a single vehicle is detrimental to your team.

So, when's the last time you had to PAY for vehicles in Battlefield? Flaming buggy cost 300 to make, and right now for 300 you can take down a 1500 credit unit...instantly.

Second, on a map like Islands it is VERY easy for a buggy to just already be too close for you to do anything about it. Those fuckers are fast, and tight corners with lots of cover means they're literally too fast for you to do anything about them. You can't back away fast enough and it is physically impossible to kill them before they connect.

Fuckin Christ. Even games like battlefield which are much more developed still have that. It's a perfectly fine strategy.

So, when's the last time you had to PAY for vehicles in Battlefield? Flaming buggy cost 300 to make, and right now for 300 you can take down a 1500 credit unit...instantly.

Second, on a map like Islands it is VERY easy for a buggy to just already be too close for you to do anything about it. Those fuckers are fast, and tight corners with lots of cover means they're literally too fast for you to do anything about them. You can't back away fast enough and it is physically impossible to kill them before they connect.

Why is this still an arguement? I believe they already are making remote c4 a personal limit. Meaning, flaming buggies are limited to taking down possibly an MRLS and doing a good chunk of a Med Tank but not killing any tank in 1 hit.

• Totem Arts Staff

Why is this still an arguement? I believe they already are making remote c4 a personal limit. Meaning, flaming buggies are limited to taking down possibly an MRLS and doing a good chunk of a Med Tank but not killing any tank in 1 hit.

Depends on the limit. I think 3-4 would do a Med.

• Totem Arts Staff

At 4 remotes you can kill/almost kill a Med depending on how connected you are to it. That's still a lot for something that takes virtually no skill to pull off, and is cheaper than a tier 2 infantry unit. There's good reason why so many servers had a tendency to ban them.

Mmm, ideas. I'm not usually one to talk about adding stuff, but that's about to change.

• Totem Arts Staff
Lol, if credits are an issue for you, especially in renX, your doing it wrong.

Yep, you sure won that fight with an assumption.

Anyway, it's not about earning credits, that's not hard, it's about the fact that this shit is extremely overpowered and is basically able to snipe freakin' Mammoths in its current state for little to no cash. Already has an incoming nerf through a change intended to alter something else, so doesn't need too much more discussion of its present state.

• Totem Arts Staff

Ok, ok... let's break it down

Flaming vehicles issue :

- It can take out relatively strong, expensive vehicles with low price

- It only requires flamvech to connect to enemy vehicles

- Buggies and humvees is too fast for tanks to back up

Redeeming qualities

- It is only effective and efficient when done with buggies and humvees. Even humvees aren't too effective compared to Buggy, where it possesses tusks on the front ideal for C4 placements

- Requires sneaky tactics and non-open areas to actually pull it off with no problem. Very risky to do on open wide space, as drivers usually have 0.75 seconds to blow a heavily damaged buggy and kill enemy vehicles at the sa.e time

- Deployment is relatively long. Requires the buggy/humvee to be hidden from peering eyes, creeping hands, and stray shots. Placement needs to be strategically on the front

- As damaging as it is, it cannot be used against buildings, which happens to NOT take C4 splash damages