Gun Emplacements in other maps

Darkraptor

I like the gun emplacements in Whiteout and so i thougt about it, in which map this things could be a usefull adition for the gameplay.

The only map in that a gun emplacemaent could work is island. So in my humble opinion a gun emplacement could be placed in top of the bunkers, thats guards the front entrance of the bases.

What do you think?

On islands, it might stop those early hotwire/engi rushes coming in from the main entrance ... the unexpected route

This suggestion is just a lazy-mans solution to weak-teamwork-resulting-in-building-loss

Why not also on the top of the walls, or the sides of the walls, so we can prevent those anoying orca/heli-lifts that bring in those gnasty anoying hotties/techies in the sides? hmm?

I say nay to gunemplacements on maps that didnt have them originally

I'm not so sure if it NEEDS a gun emplacement. Islands is and always has been one of my favorite maps because it is a relatively balanced non-base defense maps.

I mean, it would be cool to add to the bunkers but I don't know what value it would add to the map dynamic.

I dont think it will chance the balance , because the emplacement will be added to both bases.

And with the upcoming balance chance (viewtopic.php?f=138&t=74115),

this small adition to island will just give the map a little bit more spice :) .

Neutral gun emplacements on random (strategic) places in the middle of the map. For upcoming new maps, might be worth a try

Or a tech structure that has them (something like Tech Outpost in RA2, I think)

Yes, nice idea.

Why not also on the top of the walls, or the sides of the walls, so we can prevent those anoying orca/heli-lifts that bring in those gnasty anoying hotties/techies in the sides? hmm?

Well, i still prefer a manned rocket emplacement on walls, instead of adding automatic base defends.

So one rocket emplacement could be placed on the top of HoN. The other for GDI could be placed on the top of the Wf.

Another solution for balance issues would be to increased the respawn time of the emplacements up to 3 minutes or longer.

Well, i still prefer a manned rocket emplacement on walls, instead of adding automatic base defends.

So one rocket emplacement could be placed on the top of HoN. The other for GDI could be placed on the top of the Wf.

Another solution for balance issues would be to increased the respawn time of the emplacements up to 3 minutes or longer.

I was being sarcastic

I was being sarcastic

Sometimes in sarcasm could be found a good idea :D