Ability to sell vehicles

Handepsilon

• Totem Arts Staff

Well, some people might already know that if you place vehicles inside the WF garage or at the top of Airstrip, the vehicles blows up upon spawning recently bought vehicle.

What do you think about using this as a method to sell vehicles for portion of the price? That way you won't have to feel bad about destroying a Mammoth inside a WF for humvee or APC , or... the others. This will also prevent people from leaving unused vehicles because teammates don't take the vehicles you wanna donate.

Also makes a good tactic : ref is down, need to buy -> steal enemy tanks -> sell -> buy stronger tank

After doing some research to jog my memory, There was a mod/plugin whatever you want to call it on the EKT servers back in the old days where you had the ability to sell your vechile, although this wasn't a normal feature as you could imagine, but a feature nonetheless would be pretty cool in the renx game.

With regards to vechs, would like to see the limit where if you stole a tank from opposing team it counts towards there limit and vice versa

With regards to vechs, would like to see the limit where if you stole a tank from opposing team it counts towards there limit and vice versa

This +10

I don't know if stolen vehicles do still count towards the veh limit of that stolen vehicle's faction but this is the reason why I park my stolen vehicles in the rear of the base (e.g. on Field) Moments later however, some nubjob comes along driving off with that vehicle.

There was one time I stole a total of 3 GDI vehicles on Field, parked them at the end of the strip. Then some player666 (anonimous devilish nubjob!) joins and gets into the mammoth and gets it destroyed in seconds!

Same with the med and humvee that followed.

• 1 month later...

I think the ability to sell a vehicle is useful. So useful the debate may quickly turn to nerfing the prices.

An immediate application may be possible? Long term i would like to see this in a Garage Structure where repairs and some vehicle locking could be achieved.

This +10

I don't know if stolen vehicles do still count towards the veh limit of that stolen vehicle's faction but this is the reason why I park my stolen vehicles in the rear of the base (e.g. on Field) Moments later however, some nubjob comes along driving off with that vehicle.

There was one time I stole a total of 3 GDI vehicles on Field, parked them at the end of the strip. Then some player666 (anonimous devilish nubjob!) joins and gets into the mammoth and gets it destroyed in seconds!

Same with the med and humvee that followed.

Yes, stolen vehicles do count towards the enemy vehicle limit. Enemy vehicles gathered from crates however do not. :)

Also, i kind of like this idea of being able to sell your vehicle for a part of it's original price. I think this could be added if (maybe?) the repair facility will be added in a later version. Off course, the value of the vehicle should go down if it's damaged, imagine selling it to prevent the enemy getting the points they deserve from destroying it, and you end up with extra money at the same time!

Maybe only when a economical building gets destroyed? So it would only help the team in need of it? I also remember one of the devs talking about a repairpad-tech-building in one of their youtube videos. So Maybe only adding that option to the team putting the effort in it.

Those are some ways to nerf it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see a self destruct, so you can get out of your tank to disarm a beacon and not worry about a SBH jumping into it.

Don't you think that destroys the whole idea of fearing the SBH? Which is a very important thing in the game of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can put your own timed C4 on the vehicle. (which will not hurt it if you're back in 30 seconds) and you can even put remote C4 before going out if you were ever so inclined to it.

There are ways around it, otherwise the ability to steal vehicles is a very core part of the game. Self-destruct is a terrible idea as a result.