Question about the game mode

Wcarrow

You know how on C&C Renegade, in some servers their would be a ranking system and you would get perks when you ranked up like the ability to type in !weapon or something like that and you would get a random weapon and same goes for vehicles. There are other commands too just forgot. Is their a possibility that some servers would have this feature?

Oh and will weapons be dropped on the ground after death?

As discussed in other thread's, there won't be any from the dev's. The best you might expect is the one with ladder points that only gives a ranking and nothing more. No advantages or random weapons. But even will probably not be made by the dev's. Any ranking you want must be made by sever modders when modding tools are released.

It gives friction by at least more than a few posters here, as it gives unfair advantages to people playing longer on a specific server.

Edit: there will be weapon drops when the server puts this option on. Thos option will not be in the first release but will be implemented by the dev's. Go to the faq and you will find the answer.

As discussed in other thread's, there won't be any from the dev's. The best you might expect is the one with ladder points that only gives a ranking and nothing more. No advantages or random weapons. But even will probably not be made by the dev's. Any ranking you want must be made by sever modders when modding tools are released.

It gives friction by at least more than a few posters here, as it gives unfair advantages to people playing longer on a specific server.

Edit: there will be weapon drops when the server puts this option on. Thos option will not be in the first release but will be implemented by the dev's. Go to the faq and you will find the answer.

Their wasnt any unfair advantages. On the original renegade, the ranks reset per match and so you rank up the better you do in that game and therefore gives you some perks. So as soon as you start a match everyone is at the same rank. Its hard to explain, Have you played the original and know what im talking about?

I don't know if I played the original you played. I played from halfway 2002 till now and only seen this ranking in game on modded servers several years later. The perks were only on heavily modded servers too although I haven't seen them in this form.

Still, at the beginning of the match everyone might be the same rank, but after 15 minutes people wouldn't. If you join the server then, you have a big problem. Regardless of when and where the rank comes from, it creates inequality in one way or another, giving the experienced and good players more than the bad and new players. Although I'm not at all for communism and giving bad players aim assist or anything, the gap between good and bad should only be from skill and tactical insight and nothing more.

I don't like a ranking system if it lets you get in-game advantages. However, I did like the recommendations system that some servers used. It's basically a ladder system that records your K/D and points earned, because lots of gamers care about that kind of stuff.

Recs were awesome. Just sort of inspired the best teamwork for everyone. Men will work long and hard for a piece of colored ribbon. Or in this case, repair diligently all his allies for a Recommendation every few minutes.

I loved farming Recs from repairing, as well as recieving one for a job well done by teammates.

As far as veterancy, I never minded the veterancy perks like very slow reheal, though the commands actually didn't come with veterancy or at least don't at this very moment in RenCorner. It could come or go. I really do like "lack of snowball mechanics", but it isn't a big one.

I would really be more against "persistent unlocks", like starting a game with an advantage as an experienced player. Starting off same for everyone and having to build up each game, is basically tiberium, so less sweat there. But don't mistake it, RenCorner doesn't allow commands with it, commands are allowed for everyone, it is just the 2 point every 5 seconds reheal you get, and that is very cosmetic if anything.

seeing that they want to allow mutators ... i see a lot coming after its finished ... everybody who knows UT knows how drastic mutators can change the game

for me this is a possible killer for RenegadeX in the future, it will splitt the probably small community

You know how on C&C Renegade, in some servers their would be a ranking system and you would get perks when you ranked up like the ability to type in !weapon or something like that and you would get a random weapon and same goes for vehicles. There are other commands too just forgot. Is their a possibility that some servers would have this feature?

Oh and will weapons be dropped on the ground after death?

6316-no.gif

Some will, but like others said a lot of people won't like it. Vanilla + Non-Advantageous mods is the best mix I believe. Engineer stays an engineer. Sniper stays a sniper.

6316-no.gif

Some will, but like others said a lot of people won't like it. Vanilla + Non-Advantageous mods is the best mix I believe. Engineer stays an engineer. Sniper stays a sniper.

I just want to note that I love your none destructive fire about this. I personally don't agree and think weapon drops are good and can keep gameplay fresh, same as shells. Its just getting used to. But your fire has solid arguments that I can admire. Eventually it boils down to an opinion and I don't agree with the opinion, but the rest is perfect! Even though the above is far from your best work ^^

I already stated my dislike for advantageous ranks several times, so this might be a little spam :rolleyes:

6316-no.gif

I just want to note that I love your none destructive fire about this. I personally don't agree and think weapon drops are good and can keep gameplay fresh, same as shells. Its just getting used to. But your fire has solid arguments that I can admire. Eventually it boils down to an opinion and I don't agree with the opinion, but the rest is perfect! Even though the above is far from your best work ^^

I already stated my dislike for advantageous ranks several times, so this might be a little spam :rolleyes:

If modders ruin this game with weapon drops and other idiotic crap I am going to be depressed. The original Renegade was a masterpiece that required skill, teamwork and thought. Weapon drops are **NOT** something that fits into this style of game. Stick to the regular old boring FPS's if that is your thing.

If modders ruin this game with weapon drops and other idiotic crap I am going to be depressed. The original Renegade was a masterpiece that required skill, teamwork and thought. Weapon drops are **NOT** something that fits into this style of game. Stick to the regular old boring FPS's if that is your thing.

Rarr!

I agree that vanilla Renegade was the most fun, but I also believe server owners should have the option if they so choose. This isnt an MMO where the rules have to be constant for their own sake.

seeing that they want to allow mutators ... i see a lot coming after its finished ... everybody who knows UT knows how drastic mutators can change the game

for me this is a possible killer for RenegadeX in the future, it will splitt the probably small community

They said in one of their streams, that 300,000 people downloaded Black Dawn the first few months, like 1,000,000 did eventually. Assuming they all heard about multiplayer release, they all heard that it fixes a lot of Black Dawn so they aren't skeptical, and they are willing to download it... There is a slim chance this game will have hundreds of thousands.

Rarr!

I agree that vanilla Renegade was the most fun, but I also believe server owners should have the option if they so choose. This isnt an MMO where the rules have to be constant for their own sake.

The only problem with that is that it fractures the community. Go play TF2 or similar and see where the bulk of players are these days. Mods would be ok with a ranking system that only moved you up or down in rank on the standard release of the game. Since they say this isn't happening that means that every kid with a desire to mod themselves into some advantage or another will have zero incentive to ever play the game legitimately and many if not most servers will be garbage. :(

i fear the same like bizkid

I guess I'm getting old. My son is a mod playing fool but he has never known teamwork and strategy like I did growing up. I also find it unbelievable that people complain about the balance of Renegade as it's hard to imagine them getting it any better. It is a classic and I only hope that I can play it the way it was intended vs watching out for tanks dropping out of the sky at random.

Rarr!

The only problem with that is that it fractures the community. Go play TF2 or similar and see where the bulk of players are these days. Mods would be ok with a ranking system that only moved you up or down in rank on the standard release of the game. Since they say this isn't happening that means that every kid with a desire to mod themselves into some advantage or another will have zero incentive to ever play the game legitimately and many if not most servers will be garbage. :(

I understand the concern, but at the end of the day server options are matters of opinion and you always have to concede that everybody has an opinion of how it should be. Saying that one opinion is better than another get us nowhere.

Hell, look no further for an example than me. I thought sudden death with one hit kill Rav/Syd would be the ultimate awesome, but I crashed and burned on that kamikaze style.

That's up to each server owner to decide, as he/she pays the bill.

Same as the first years of original Renegade (up to 5 years or so), I'm sure there will be plenty of servers with different game modes, and you'll be able to find at least one server you would like to play. I personally prefer marathon games, and servers with few specific modes, like weapon drops (when done properly, meaning no ramjet and timed c4s to SBHs) and the upgraded crate system (jelly marathon server for example). You really can't tell me my preference is less legit than yours.

And if you don't like any of the servers, than by all means, rent up a server of your own.

There isn't a global-ladder anyway, don't see why it should bother you whether people play one gamemode or another., doesn't affect any of you..

Idk, console games try to make you play the game "unmodded" because that is they way it was meant to be and will always be the best way...

...then people will instead much rather prefer to download Skyrim for the PC because you get 5x more for the same cost than what you get on console.

Besides, it is the nature of the PC for games to be customizable. Basically, if you don't do it, and enough people want it, THEY will do it. And no amount of preachiness will bring the Classic Renegade God down from the sky and strike them down where they stand. They will pretty much do it, and complaining will exist in the background while it happens anyway.

At the end of the day, if I feel like playing a flavor, I will play it too. If I feel like playing the original that day, I will load that launcher instead. Nothing stops me either. People going to do what they going to do, can't really be helped.

I like Minecraft on XBox because of the structured play setting, but at the end of the day you get so much more with Minecraft on the PC, including a lot of preachy people talking down on some mods but apparently the players aren't listening as that mod link gets 500,000 downloads. Both are good games, modded and unmodded, but the modders aren't hating on the unmodders, they are just killing their boredom and filling their interests. People going to do what they going to do.