Change the Kill shound

QUAKERxnc

He gazed up at the screen. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of power was hidden beneath the dulcet tone. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving sound! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved the boink.

That was beautiful........ brings a tear to my eye. *sniff*

Kane would be pleased.

I wouldn't say I "hate" the kill sound, but it can be distracting. Having the OPTION to disable it would certainty be nice. And for those that want it, it's there. So win win.

Fortunately, I'm confident that will be the case in future. But as stated, other things to focus on for now.

If you changed the kill sound, it wouldn't be Renegade.

No. Actually, if you dropped any sound file you want into the folder and named that sound file "Correction_3.wav", it WOULD change the boink if it WERE Renegade.

Since it isn't, this is a very valid preference request. You are just being jerks if you strongly oppose it even being added to the options menu.

If anything I quite miss the classic death sounds. I don't know how to describe them but you know the ones they've used in the RTS's as well as Renegade? Mostly on NOD units. I love those sounds. Obviously it's not like the boink which is a notification of a kill. But still I like those soldiers voices. :P

• 1 month later...