Renegade X 0.35 Beta Released!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

I've had no luck connecting to any servers either way. The frontend app simply doesn't work at all. Does the same routine that everyone has already described.

Trying the direct IP connect, either loads for a while and never stops loading or UT3.exe crashes.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sonic @ Oct 2 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had no luck connecting to any servers either way. The frontend app simply doesn't work at all. Does the same routine that everyone has already described.

Trying the direct IP connect, either loads for a while and never stops loading or UT3.exe crashes.[/b]

The problem isn't with the Frontend app, the problem rather lies in the RenX_SC file. It is being worked on.

Ok here is what I did to get it running. I have Vista.. I was getting the same problem as most in that using the frontend aka Renegade X server client I would get the screen with the two soldiers, it would just hang there very slow FPS then nothing.. I could use the shortcut for UT3 and play UT3 online well with no problem.

1. I updated windows .net framwork etc..

2. I removed all the UT3 and Ren-x files from computer, then rebooted.

3. Reloaded UT3 from DVD then the 2.1 Ut3 patch, then the Titan pack, rebooted.

4. Then loaded in Renegade X- 0.35- beta, rebooted.

5. A shortcut for the Frontend or Renegade X server client was automatically put on my Desktop and the path is "C:\Users\your name\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade\Renegade-X.exe"

6. I tried all the above but no luck. So I installed the little client server patch for the sever client found on this forum, and I also for the hell of it copied the binary files from C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries into

the C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament3\Binaries files.

7. I have played on several of the servers listed on the Renegade X server client and have always connected and never lost connection. Oh and it does take about 30-45 sec to connect. GOOD LUCK ALL.. Instinct

QUOTE (MecanicalMan @ Oct 2 2009, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOOHOO! Quick question, how will the mod be updated? Will we need to replace the veision we have, or will you have it patch it self? Or somethin'g else? Btw
You guys rule!!! I played and love it!!
Thank you for this mod!
:D:D:D

O=MecanicalMan=C[/b]

For at least the first few releases you'll have to replace the version manually.

And yes, we think we might be close to finally fixing the ridiculous connection problems.

QUOTE (xCommando @ Sep 30 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those who have downloaded UT3 from steam, which is called UT3 Black, and are having trouble getting Ren X to work; I finally solved my problems and got it to work so I'll tell you what I did.

Apparently if you downloaded UT3 BLACK you don't need to download any patches or anything, just the Beta Installer. So once you have UT3 Black, it should be in your User>Documents>MyGames Folder. If it isn't you must get it there.(Mine wasnt so I moved it and thats what got it working. Along with the rest.)

First what you do is install the renx beta to your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade . Has to be like that. Then after it installs you go into your C:\Users\YourNameDocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries folder and right click your UT3.exe and create a shortcut and put it on your desktop. Then, right click that shortcut and add the old: " -mod=..\Renegade -solomod" to the end of it, like this: "C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod . NOTICE there is a space after .exe" and before -mod , that has to be there. after you add that click accept, then okay and from there you should be good to go. Just click the server client, join a server and it should work. If it doesn't sorry that's all I know, it got mine workin. :huh:[/b]

thank you very much for the info :)

the original readme didn't mention the \Renegade part lol

QUOTE (FooFighter @ Oct 4 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same error since today. Do you guys get ut3.exe error why joining IP ? Cause me and mate do :huh:[/b]

That's probably when the server's running island, and you're connecting to it. try a server running fields, I know the frontend is down but try to find one anyway, or wait til the server changes map.

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Oct 4 2009, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're making a list of stuff to fix for the first patch and then fixing it. :P

Also maybe a mini-patch that might fix the connection errors and frontend problems.[/b]

Yah, I was specifically referring to not being able to get it to run. A mini-patch would be great. I got my weekly fileplanet subscriber email yesterday and they were promoting you guys pretty well. I was just left thinking "yah I just wish it was working for everybody". Thanks for the info.

I apologize if this question has already made.

i cannot join to Renegade-X servers by selecting on the Renegade-x server client and so using the "second way" (F10).

game freezes at the menu screen or sometimes freezes at the loading screen and get a "UT3.exe error"

everytime it seems the game is loading and joining the selected server, but after 10 minutes it is still on the same screen.

does anybody have the same problem or have a solution for this?

thanks.

Ps. thanks to everyone for this amazing mod

QUOTE (NeoTech @ Oct 5 2009, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I apologize if this question has already made.
i cannot join to Renegade-X servers by selecting on the Renegade-x server client and so using the "second way" (F10).

game freezes at the menu screen or sometimes freezes at the loading screen and get a "UT3.exe error"

everytime it seems the game is loading and joining the selected server, but after 10 minutes it is still on the same screen.

does anybody have the same problem or have a solution for this?

thanks.

Ps. thanks for everyone for this amazing mod[/b]

yeah same here as the most people here xD

Congratulations all around to the Renegade X Dev Team! The game is simply outstanding for such an early alpha release. I've only played a couple games with a very few amount of players, but from my first impressions the mod is doing very well. I can't wait for updates!

QUOTE (korninja45 @ Oct 7 2009, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I keep getting the whole invalid target message even though im doing what it tells me, and i didnt download it from steam. I think im just giving up, ive downloaded it 4 times trying to fix it but it aint gonna work.[/b]

Did you patch up your UT3?

Ofc u install the mod first in the My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 folder
After that, create a shortcut to UT3 in the binariesfolder then type AFTER the ut3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod
So for example the target on my comp is "D:\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\ut3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod

Ehm.... I have a little problem out here: 1) My Unreal Tournament is in another folder, than you mention in instructions 2) When i install Renegade-X in my UT3 folder, i copy UT3.exe( The MS-DOS one) and add -mod=..\Renegade -solomod in the end of destination, click save changes and then OK. But when i try to edit it again, the destination remains the same, as it was before i changed it, and dont want to launch a game. Can you help me to solve this one??

It seems a lot of folks here still haven't been able to connect to any servers (myself included). I know you guys are working on squashing bugs and such. I assume you are making progress towards the connection issues also? Any ETA on when that might be working? a week? a month? I haven't heard anything recently addressing that specifically so I was just curious. My brief Instant Action session really has me stoked to play a game of this with real people. Keep up the great work.

Okay so i click the link, i save renegade x once its finished downloading to C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3, because thats where Unreal Tournament 3 is located. I then go to UT3.exe and created shortcut. I go to properties add the little mod wording attachment they tell you to and i get the message that it is invalid. I already got the UT3 patch they tell you to get. I got it before downloading Renegade-X. Why does this not work. I did what they told me to. Would it have anything to do with the fact that its a .rar file? please help, does the target addon change as a result of me putting it in C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3?

QUOTE (korninja45 @ Oct 7 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay so i click the link, i save renegade x once its finished downloading to C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3, because thats where Unreal Tournament 3 is located. I then go to UT3.exe and created shortcut. I go to properties add the little mod wording attachment they tell you to and i get the message that it is invalid. I already got the UT3 patch they tell you to get. I got it before downloading Renegade-X. Why does this not work. I did what they told me to. Would it have anything to do with the fact that its a .rar file? please help, does the target addon change as a result of me putting it in C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3?[/b]

well for the target

if you got a X64 OS, simply paste this line in target, copy everything,even ''

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod

if a 32bits OS

"C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod

Keeps crashing, doesnt work (no not with open either), no way to change keys from the menu, ... I'm sorry but this was not worth my bandwidth, i hope you guys will fix these issues, screenshots and movies look great.

• 3 weeks later...