Renegade X 0.35 Beta Released!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

20:00 GMT+1

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4222/re...escreenshot.png

renxeerstescreenshot.th.png

0:40 GMT+1

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9396/renx...escreenshot.png

renxtweedescreenshot.th.png

4 hours and 40 minutes in difference, look at the number of players (the resolution is because i was testing how high i could go with my video card ;) )

from

from four players to over fifty

@speedy, thanks, i uploaded more than one GigaByte now, why didn't you helped 4 hours ago <_<

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dejeroen @ Sep 30 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
20:00 GMT+1
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4222/re...escreenshot.png
renxeerstescreenshot.th.png

0:40 GMT+1
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9396/renx...escreenshot.png
renxtweedescreenshot.th.png

4 hours and 40 minutes in difference, look at the number of players (the resolution is because i was testing how high i could go with my video card ;) )
from
from four players to over fifty

@speedy, thanks, i uploaded more than one GigaByte now, why didn't you helped 4 hours ago <_<[/b]

So where do i install it to? The default installation is at My Documents? do i install the Mod to the Normal UT3 Directory

The beta is incomplete, I experience random crashes, there's an armada of bugs and mistakes. But I still enjoy this so damn much that I'm probably going to die from enjoyment once I play the final product. Woo! You really did preserve the ren atmosphere and did so much to enhance it as well. Great job

QUOTE (Chucky @ Oct 1 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very funny they released the beta with an installer and this installer didnt make a simple shortcut to play renegade x -.-

Epic fail![/b]

Your epic fail when you even can't get the mod working :P .. just joking

mine is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\unreal tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod

be sure that the -mod=..\Renegade -solomod is behind the " with a space behind it.

This: -mod=..\Renegade -solomod is ALL you need to add behind the shortcut, you don't need to add the full adress of the renegade x behind it just -mod=..\Renegade -solomod

it is a good start to the game

in my opinion it was not ready for a beta release as many core features are still not 100% but these will be picked up in the hundreds of bug reports you guys shall soon receive!

Great work none the less! it looks fantastic!

my main concern is the health/ armor imo is not noticeable enough for both the enemy and your own

QUOTE (momauser @ Oct 1 2009, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your epic fail when you even can't get the mod working :P .. just joking

mine is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\unreal tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod

be sure that the -mod=..\Renegade -solomod is behind the " with a space behind it.

This: -mod=..\Renegade -solomod is ALL you need to add behind the shortcut, you don't need to add the full adress of the renegade x behind it just -mod=..\Renegade -solomod[/b]

Yeah i know but it doesnt start the Mod only UT3! Iam no noob ;)

I wonder why Renegade X Installer is installing all content into "my games/unreal tournament 3" Folder but all other Mods, Maps, Mutators, Skins are at "my games/unreal tournament 3/ut game/published/cookedpc/..."!

I dont play with Steam! All other Mods working for me...!

Sorry for my double post but i have the answer now!

The Installer wants to install the Mod into following direction:

"C:\Users\Chucky2910\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade"

I havent this direction cause iam German so i have this:

"C:\Benutzer\Chucky2910\Eigene Dokumente\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3"

If i (you) change the path where to install, the installer doesnt applay the folder "Renegade" to the new selected direction! :blink:

So you need to make a new folder named "Renegade" into the "unreal tournament 3" direction.

My bad, didnt saw that and wonderd why the installer is so bad... -.-

I hope now the Game starts correctly and the command at the shortcut is nor logic for me^^

Best beta release of a mod I've ever played, congrats Renegade X team and many thanks!

I adore the Nod light tank, the mobile art feels just right and the stealth tank is devastating. Look forward to playing GDI soon.

P.S. Shotguns are hideously overpowered and enormous fun.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Sep 30 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you playing it online? The doors work fine for the rest of us.[/b]

Yeah I was playing in some non-offical server and the only way to get through doors was to run twords them and feign death.

QUOTE (Guarm @ Sep 30 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mobile art feels just right[/b]

The shells move too fast or something. |:

QUOTE (inabyrdcage @ Sep 30 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What folder did you put it in?[/b]

I put it in the "Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3" directory.

I get the game to work now. I just can't figure out how to launch it from the Renegade-X.exe frontend and get in a server. It won't let me pick the shortcut I made for the "UT3.exe location". Using the regular UT3.exe from the Steam directory doesn't work either. <_<

Used the direct connect option and it worked.

Man, this game takes me back! Top notch job!

For those who have downloaded UT3 from steam, which is called UT3 Black, and are having trouble getting Ren X to work; I finally solved my problems and got it to work so I'll tell you what I did.

Apparently if you downloaded UT3 BLACK you don't need to download any patches or anything, just the Beta Installer. So once you have UT3 Black, it should be in your User>Documents>MyGames Folder. If it isn't you must get it there.(Mine wasnt so I moved it and thats what got it working. Along with the rest.)

First what you do is install the renx beta to your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade . Has to be like that. Then after it installs you go into your C:\Users\YourNameDocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries folder and right click your UT3.exe and create a shortcut and put it on your desktop. Then, right click that shortcut and add the old: " -mod=..\Renegade -solomod" to the end of it, like this: "C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod . NOTICE there is a space after .exe" and before -mod , that has to be there. after you add that click accept, then okay and from there you should be good to go. Just click the server client, join a server and it should work. If it doesn't sorry that's all I know, it got mine workin. :huh:

QUOTE (xCommando @ Sep 30 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those who have downloaded UT3 from steam, which is called UT3 Black, and are having trouble getting Ren X to work; I finally solved my problems and got it to work so I'll tell you what I did.

Apparently if you downloaded UT3 BLACK you don't need to download any patches or anything, just the Beta Installer. So once you have UT3 Black, it should be in your User>Documents>MyGames Folder. If it isn't you must get it there.(Mine wasnt so I moved it and thats what got it working. Along with the rest.)

First what you do is install the renx beta to your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade . Has to be like that. Then after it installs you go into your C:\Users\YourNameDocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries folder and right click your UT3.exe and create a shortcut and put it on your desktop. Then, right click that shortcut and add the old: " -mod=..\Renegade -solomod" to the end of it, like this: "C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod . NOTICE there is a space after .exe" and before -mod , that has to be there. after you add that click accept, then okay and from there you should be good to go. Just click the server client, join a server and it should work. If it doesn't sorry that's all I know, it got mine workin. :huh:[/b]

excellent post. thank you

QUOTE (xCommando @ Sep 30 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First what you do is install the renx beta to your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade . Has to be like that. Then after it installs you go into your C:\Users\YourNameDocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries folder and right click your UT3.exe and create a shortcut and put it on your desktop. Then, right click that shortcut and add the old: " -mod=..\Renegade -solomod" to the end of it, like this: "C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod . NOTICE there is a space after .exe" and before -mod , that has to be there. after you add that click accept, then okay and from there you should be good to go. Just click the server client, join a server and it should work. If it doesn't sorry that's all I know, it got mine workin. :huh:[/b]

Good post. I hope you don't mind i shared it at another forum to help someone out. (I gave you credit and linked back to this forum.)

QUOTE (Zeg @ Sep 30 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi i bought UT3 via Steam and have downloaded, and now when i try to put

-mod=..\Renegade -solomod

at the end of the "target" in the shortcut, it says that it is not a valid place within the computer, not really sure what to do.[/b]

Put the text after the closing quotes.