Renegade X 0.35 Beta Released!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

I would just like to congratulate the whole team, and thank them for their great efforts and work.

I gotta admit, its almost identical Renegade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, I really enjoyed the tutorial video, lol at 3:34 when the enji is shooting the dead enji great stuff.

KEEP EM' COMING!!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so the Renegade X Server Client, while completely iffy and ugly, does seem to work. Renegade X itself, however, does not. UT3 starts with the mod (apparently), but it appears to simply hang at the main menu at rougly 0.25 FPS. Mind you, vanilla UT3 works just fine at a great framerate.

What gives, my dear friends?

QUOTE (tA-Kane @ Oct 1 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, so the Renegade X Server Client, while completely iffy and ugly, does seem to work. Renegade X itself, however, does not. UT3 starts with the mod (apparently), but it appears to simply hang at the main menu at rougly 0.25 FPS. Mind you, vanilla UT3 works just fine at a great framerate.

What gives, my dear friends?[/b]

I'm getting the same thing at the moment, but it did work for me last night :blink:
Tried the second method aswell, to see if it'd work without the client, and then the menu at least does work, but upon entering "open 78.129.164.83:7777" (yes without the quotation marks) it crashed the game :(

QUOTE (EaZiE @ Oct 1 2009, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is one torrent I will NEVER stop seeding!!! It's like an early xmas ;']
THANKYOU!

Edit: sum1 wanna seed teh fKn torrenT Pl0X

Your awesome, where ya been?[/b]

Np.

Well i have been at the renegadeforums.com :)

not @ baddog or cmps nomore.

imma put a server online when i get home.

Yep, I'm getting the same problems with multilayer, load from the server client UT3 starts up and the proceeds to floor the CPU at 100% - quite an achievement on a multi-core :) . It also moves the camera up abit, i'm not sure its suppose to do that?

Anyway very strange.

From what little ive played on the single player though im extremely impressed. ;)

QUOTE (GodP0w3r @ Oct 1 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm getting the same thing at the moment, but it did work for me last night :blink:
Tried the second method aswell, to see if it'd work without the client, and then the menu at least does work, but upon entering "open 78.129.164.83:7777" (yes without the quotation marks) it crashed the game :( [/b]
QUOTE (Richggs @ Oct 1 2009, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, I'm getting the same problems with multilayer, load from the server client UT3 starts up and the proceeds to floor the CPU at 100% - quite an achievement on a multi-core :) . It also moves the camera up abit, i'm not sure its suppose to do that?
Anyway very strange.

From what little ive played on the single player though im extremely impressed. ;) [/b]
QUOTE (Jprime @ Oct 1 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I got online working, but I'm having the same problem as Richeggs. The menus just explodes my processors[/b]

Having exactly the same problems here. Either using browser and freezing on main menu as the view changes or using direct connect ingame and crashing after a few seconds while it's trying to connect to "RenXFrontend". This sucks.

EDIT: It worked without me having done anything.... What the crap. It went to "precaching" and froze, then the second time it connected me. Weird as hell but I guess "I" fixed it (actually I didn't change squat). Also, it eats more CPU than UT3 itself 0o.

I got the game running once by trying the second way listed. But every time since then the game just goes to the loading screen and i'm stuck watching the UT3 symbol spin forever because it won't load up. It doesn't crash or freeze, it just won't load.

QUOTE (tA-Kane @ Oct 1 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What gives, my dear friends?[/b]

I have the exact same problem with the Renegade X Server Client, I choose the server I want then it starts the game and I get stuck on a bit odd looking Renegade X main menu...Someone, please help, whats the problem?

QUOTE (xCommando @ Sep 30 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those who have downloaded UT3 from steam, which is called UT3 Black, and are having trouble getting Ren X to work; I finally solved my problems and got it to work so I'll tell you what I did.

Apparently if you downloaded UT3 BLACK you don't need to download any patches or anything, just the Beta Installer. So once you have UT3 Black, it should be in your User>Documents>MyGames Folder. If it isn't you must get it there.(Mine wasnt so I moved it and thats what got it working. Along with the rest.)

First what you do is install the renx beta to your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade . Has to be like that. Then after it installs you go into your C:\Users\YourNameDocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries folder and right click your UT3.exe and create a shortcut and put it on your desktop. Then, right click that shortcut and add the old: " -mod=..\Renegade -solomod" to the end of it, like this: "C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod . NOTICE there is a space after .exe" and before -mod , that has to be there. after you add that click accept, then okay and from there you should be good to go. Just click the server client, join a server and it should work. If it doesn't sorry that's all I know, it got mine workin. :huh:[/b]

In my C:\Users\YourNameDocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries folder there is NOTHING there. However the ut3.exe is in the C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries section. It just stays at the renegade X menu with very low FPS.

QUOTE (Atlas Tasume @ Oct 1 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the exact same problem with the Renegade X Server Client, I choose the server I want then it starts the game and I get stuck on a bit odd looking Renegade X main menu...Someone, please help, whats the problem?[/b]

Same problem here, it was working last night. Was there an update pushed thro the servers? because for it second I think it showed that "Ren_x_something" was download....

When I try to use Frontend it crashes and I get this error message:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: renegade-x.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 4ab3de90

Problem Signature 04: System.Windows.Forms

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4889dee7

Problem Signature 07: 3735

Problem Signature 08: 21

Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

QUOTE (xoham @ Oct 1 2009, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Put the text after the closing quotes.[/b]

Yes..I am having the same problem. I was told to right click on that new shortcut, click properties, and edit the Target: place "-mod=..\Renegade -solomod" at the end of the target, minus the quotations. Renegade X should now successfully be installed..but it still won't work..help me please.

QUOTE (Brother_of_Nod @ Oct 1 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes..I am having the same problem. I was told to right click on that new shortcut, click properties, and edit the Target: place "-mod=..\Renegade -solomod" at the end of the target, minus the quotations. Renegade X should now successfully be installed..but it still won't work..help me please.[/b]

mine looks like this. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod
make sure there is a between the original part and the -mod=..\Renegade -solomod

QUOTE (xCommando @ Sep 30 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those who have downloaded UT3 from steam, which is called UT3 Black, and are having trouble getting Ren X to work; I finally solved my problems and got it to work so I'll tell you what I did.

Apparently if you downloaded UT3 BLACK you don't need to download any patches or anything, just the Beta Installer. So once you have UT3 Black, it should be in your User>Documents>MyGames Folder. If it isn't you must get it there.(Mine wasnt so I moved it and thats what got it working. Along with the rest.)

First what you do is install the renx beta to your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade . Has to be like that. Then after it installs you go into your C:\Users\YourNameDocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries folder and right click your UT3.exe and create a shortcut and put it on your desktop. Then, right click that shortcut and add the old: " -mod=..\Renegade -solomod" to the end of it, like this: "C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod . NOTICE there is a space after .exe" and before -mod , that has to be there. after you add that click accept, then okay and from there you should be good to go. Just click the server client, join a server and it should work. If it doesn't sorry that's all I know, it got mine workin. :huh:[/b]

So you physically just moved the unreal tournament 3 directory out of the steam/steamapps/common directory and put it in mygames and it worked? Just trying to make sure I understand how you moved the game.

QUOTE (Zarni @ Sep 30 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good post. I hope you don't mind i shared it at another forum to help someone out. (I gave you credit and linked back to this forum.)[/b]

Okay, I've followed this guy's instructions TO THE LETTER. I moved my UT3 folders to my docs/ my games/ ut3. I installed Renegade into that folder as well. I actually got the server list to work, but the Renegade X isn't launching for me. Whenever I try to launch it through the UT3.exe shortcut (same target as the guy listed) it says Microsoft has encountered an error. If I take away the space between the " and -mod, it launches the regular UT3.

Does anyone know what I should be doing? What am I doing wrong?

Having same problems as many others. When I try the server client it freezes on the screen with the two guys on the hill. When I try the second method using 78.129.164.83:7777 I get a map loading screen and it stays there. I have the Steam version and didn't try the moving folders thing suggested above yet. Don't know if that should be necessary or not?

QUOTE (UnitXc @ Oct 1 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
131st w00t.

gets to the Frontend and crashes after one or two rotations of the ut symbol.

im sure your working to fix this bug already,

Gokurosama deshita..

-Unit[/b]

I did move the steam folders and got rid of the launch bug error... but I'm not even getting to the menu, it's just saying Application error: 5.0000065434.

So I'm like 5 steps behind everyone, lol.

QUOTE (Link785 @ Oct 1 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I assume since I have a AMD Sempron Processor 3400+ 1.80 GHz, I can't run the game even though I have everything else..? :(

If so, what a waste of $20..[/b]

you would be surprised what runs on slower processors, the only problem that may arise (if you don't get the ones everyone else is getting) is that it's a little slower so you may be at a slight disadvantage shooting people.

QUOTE (instinct @ Oct 1 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my C:\Users\YourNameDocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries folder there is NOTHING there. However the ut3.exe is in the C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries section. It just stays at the renegade X menu with very low FPS.[/b]

http://www.renegade-x.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=3133

Look at the fix I suggested and see if it applies to your OS.

Cause1: The host has patched their server with the Server Client Quick Patch, and you have not yet installed the Server Client Quick Patch on your game.

Solution1: Download the Server Client Quick Patch HERE and rejoin the server.

Downloaded the update and installed it.

Trying to play on the official renegade-x UK #1 server, still running into the same problem

QUOTE (Jprime @ Oct 1 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cause1: The host has patched their server with the Server Client Quick Patch, and you have not yet installed the Server Client Quick Patch on your game.
Solution1: Download the Server Client Quick Patch HERE and rejoin the server.

Downloaded the update and installed it.
Trying to play on the official renegade-x UK #1 server, still running into the same problem[/b]

Try to delete the file you are trying to replace before replacing it :P

QUOTE (Link785 @ Oct 1 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I assume since I have a AMD Sempron Processor 3400+ 1.80 GHz, I can't run the game even though I have everything else..? :(

If so, what a waste of $20..[/b]

K, so I am able to play UT3 fine. I installed everything like people said, however, I downloaded UT3 from Direct2Drive.com, and it was UT3 Black. I did the patch just in case for UT3 Black, downloaded RGX like everyone else has, but I can't play. When I use the server client, it gets me to the main menu of RGX, but it looks like this
rgx-1.jpg
and its very very laggy and I can't select multiplayer.

So I use the shortcut i made instead. And get in the menu, same as pic above, with no lag. I do the alternate way to get into a server. And it gets to a loading screen, but it never loads (or at least after 10 minutes).