EA Interviews Renegade X

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

On commandandconquer.com, EALA's "2POC" conducted an interview with Renegade X Founder, [NE]Fobby[GEN]. The interview contains a wealth of information concerning Renegade X and the team behind it.

2POC: What has been the most fun part of creating this mod?

Fobby: That's probably the toughest question I've had to answer. Picking favorites is always hard. But, I would have to say that the most entertaining part of the mod's development would have to be spending time with the team. After more than two years of development, we've grown into sort of family. We communicate through the forums, MSN, and Teamspeak on a daily basis, and I have a blast when working with the team, as we are constantly making jokes and having a good time, whether we are testing the mod, playing a good ol' Command & Conquer game, or simply relaxing and exchanging words and ideas. I wouldn't exchange this mod team for anything. Well, maybe a few billion bucks. But that's it, I promise. ;) [/b]

Check out the full interview here!

http://portal.commandandconquer.com/portal...0006017780aRCRD

Nicely put, Fobby.

Mentioning NE in an interview to be posted on the website of an international game developer? That's how it all begins. Won't be long before we take over the world ;)

I think the paragraph you highlighted above reveals one of the primary reasons for why Renegade X has done so well- the strong community which has developed. It's been that way since the beginning. I always knew that this project would be successful as long as the team continued to get along so well. So many great ideas like Renegade X fall apart over some petty argument before any real progress is made.

Great work guys, you deserve it.

Looking at all your video's and all the pictures you would say that the mod is just about finished. But I would love to see some pictures or even video's of all the bugs you are dealing with right now, could be fun to watch someone abuse it or go totally wacko because of a bug.

I think that the fact that you guys are making additional features and even changing existing ones is a good thing. If people know that you are changing it from the start, there will be less people who start complaining 'this isn't like the original', cos it says on the package 'better then the original' :)

when i noticed this at EA, its kinda strange, im getting a new computer next week, i just ordered the parts after reading that o.O well im crazy and i need a new comp anyways, GOOD MOD, i really like it, cant wait for the first release

Great job fobby. I read the interview as well, and enjoyed it. This is kinda funny though, you would have thought that they would interview you alot earlier than now. But I guess it makes sense since the first beta release will be out this year. Word gets around pretty quick on the status of your and your team's mod. Everyone loves it of course.

Hats off to Havoc and Jeep as well.

Love the new look of the site. The updates are great, and the way it looked before really sets the mood for the upcoming battle for the mod...

Website made me think this after you changed it the third time:

1st website Nod and GDI were at peace.

2nd website Nod's base was destroyed by GDI.

3rd Website Nod prepares to battle GDI and rebuild their own base.

I'm waiting for the fourth update on the website that actually says something like:

"Who do you choose? GDI? Or Nod?"

Well, whoever has been making the website updates have had put some good thought into it with the team, and I love what you guys have been doing with it.

Take it easy.

Excellent interview. More good publicity and exposure = bigger future playerbase.

QUOTE (AsgarothXc @ Aug 14 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm waiting for the fourth update on the website that actually says something like:

"Who do you choose? GDI? Or Nod?"[/b]

Actually, that's already been implemented (and IIRC it may have been on the first site as well, but I can't confirm since archive.org has some other renegade-x.com site cached <_<). Click the "LOGIN" text in the top right (it doesn't look like you can actually log in there, but that's unimportant), and then look up higher and you'll see three squares (red/Nod, blue/neutral, yellow/GDI). When you click on them, they change the color of the arrows next to the update headlines and the TOTEMARTS.NET text in the bottom right corner of the main page, as well as the headlines on the other pages. I wonder if Fobby's changed his to red yet... ^_^

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 17 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry , i have been observing EA's plan for a long time , it's easy to predict them after a while ;) [/b]

At least someone is doing that!
I've been observing them since I noticed that C&C had no "Westwood Studios" brand on its game :huh: .
If you search Wikipedia for "Westwood Studios" you can see Westwood Studios's story.
Or copy and paste this into your browser: "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westwood_Studios".

I have truly high hopes for Renegade X! ;)

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (JCLA3114 @ Aug 25 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least someone is doing that!
I've been observing them since I noticed that C&C had no "Westwood Studios" brand on its game :huh: .
If you search Wikipedia for "Westwood Studios" you can see Westwood Studios's story.
Or copy and paste this into your browser: "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westwood_Studios".

I have truly high hopes for Renegade X! ;) [/b]

Everyone here knows about Westwood ;) Some of us like myself have been following the series since C&C 95 and even before that with Dune 2.

I knew about Westwood since i was 4 (C&C 95) *cough*

*Remembers seeing people explode in half as a kid*

.......I even played the Lion King :P

.......and also know from one of the CnC 3 (Westwood version) devs that the name for the game was INCURSION , Twilight was just fan assumption........

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Aug 25 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone here knows about Westwood ;) Some of us like myself have been following the series since C&C 95 and even before that with Dune 2.[/b]

Never had the chance to try Dune. I don't think I knew about it until a couple years after C&C 95 came out. I was 9 years old when C&C 95 was out and was playing it like a pr0. =P

I had a crappy computer then. I'm glad I am out of the nest now and have my own place. I can buy and built whatver system I want; it's great. Oh and no more curfews, or rules; well I guess my wife does have some rules, but it is different than being with your parents. It's alot better...

Oh and fobby; you hit the nail on the wood when you were talking about me living in Jesus land on Team Speak. You may have been making fun of us; but I love every minute of it; and yes buddy, I believe. I take no offence either. Just letting you know pal; I wasn't sure if you understood my response that day or not.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (AsgarothXc @ Aug 25 2009, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and fobby; you hit the nail on the wood when you were talking about me living in Jesus land on Team Speak. You may have been making fun of us; but I love every minute of it; and yes buddy, I believe. I take no offence either. Just letting you know pal; I wasn't sure if you understood my response that day or not.[/b]

Never take anything I say seriously dude ;) I barely even remember. But anyway this is off topic.

QUOTE (CrazyAndy @ Aug 26 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope you realize that now I have check the forums every hour till update comes... ;) [/b]

I check it every hour regardless :P
I lost my original renegade cd and im itching to play this mod and renegade again.
It looks so good, and also with the beta coming up i know ill be able to help make it better!

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 26 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My first beta suggestion will be to nerf the Ramjet :P

Though i seriously await news............ *loads handgun and points it sideways at fobby* were i in your shoes , i would start making a news update.........[/b]

Want an update? the mod has been leaked to torrent sites and fobby committed suicide with a rubber duck!

Oh that's funny; torrents.

You wouldn't believe how many students came into the I.T. department the other day with laptops. We had to remove their limewire, frostwire, and bit torrent programs because the IRA said that there are too many illegal downloads coming from our university. There was close to 100 studenst that day. And there was only 3 of us working...

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 27 2009, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
......wow....just.......wow.... :unsure:

....And how are those news coming along? ;) *Hijacks Ion Cannon and points it at Fobby's location*[/b]

Sakura has bigger boobs and uses a nuclear powered brassiere that kills vehicles and every single infantry unit with one hit.

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 27 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:blink: :blink:

......and about the REAL news update........... *EVA - Nuclear warhead approaching*[/b]

Nuclear missiles will be replaced by the ion canon, the ion canon will be replaced by the nuclear missile. Then both teams exchange units, colours, buildings and vehicles and base location.

edit: don't worry, its coming along awesome and you guys are in for a treat.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Hyncharas @ Sep 1 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So how much do they want for it for all your hard work? After all, the original Renegade was a commercial game[/b]

EA has no interest in buying the mod, this is just an interview for the community.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (EA_2POC @ Sep 16 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was actually me interviewing Fobby. I do all the map and mod spotlights. Everyone gets Apoc and I confused!

Was very happy to do this interview, and cannot wait until the mod is finished!

-2POC[/b]

Lol i still dont know the difference between u two :/
i know that he is Apoc and ur 2POC. are u both community managers or somthing? :S