Renegade x is crashing to desktop when I press the ingame setting tab to change graphical settings

E-3

I haven't played the game in a while so I did a fresh reinstallation of  Renegade x

then I figured I probably have still have some old temporary files stored on my system

so I deleted anything related to Renegade x inside of the appdata folder.

then I did the final reinstallation of the entire game but still the same happens.

Everytime I try to press settings to change it to a higher resolution.

the entire game crashes.

I did recently upgrade my GPU from rx 590 to Nvidia 3070 and i got New 4k monitor with a higher refresh rate.

however these changes haven't caused any issues so far with other games.

since I did a proper driver removal using DDU v18.0.4.4.

• Totem Arts Staff
9 hours ago, E-3 said:

Done I just started Googling and I found a guy who had a similar issue as me 

I think it was due to the fact that the game had to many resolutions to choose from ?

Launch.log 56.05 kB · 4 downloads

Yes, that's the issue I was referencing. You can follow the same steps in the linked post.

9 hours ago, Handepsilon said:

That's.... weird. Why did it dump multiple copies of same resolution? I thought I fixed this some time ago

well  I am more than happy to help out a little bit by testing it for you guys :)

My exact system specification are ryzen 3800x 32gb ram GPU 3070 monitor gigabyte m28u

mouse Razer deathadder keyboard corsair k55

I think it's because of the 144hz 4k on other games like bf1942

(yup I love playing classic games that's why I'm taking full advantage of this 144hz and 4k since it's so easy to run on older titles. )

anyway  I get this massive resolution options like you see here.

sadly using the options file it's very difficult to actually adjust settings perfectly to take advantage of 4k and 144hz while keeping the game in ultra quality.

Since then I'll have to change every little thing manually so I really would appreciated having the menu back :)

• Totem Arts Staff
On 10/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, E-3 said:

well  I am more than happy to help out a little bit by testing it for you guys :)

My exact system specification are ryzen 3800x 32gb ram GPU 3070 monitor gigabyte m28u

mouse Razer deathadder keyboard corsair k55

I think it's because of the 144hz 4k on other games like bf1942

(yup I love playing classic games that's why I'm taking full advantage of this 144hz and 4k since it's so easy to run on older titles. )

anyway  I get this massive resolution options like you see here.

sadly using the options file it's very difficult to actually adjust settings perfectly to take advantage of 4k and 144hz while keeping the game in ultra quality.

Since then I'll have to change every little thing manually so I really would appreciated having the menu back :)

RenX only lists by resolutions if I remember correctly, it doesn't even try to read your Refresh Rate/Hz

• 1 month later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
44 minutes ago, Caeris said:

Sry to bring up an old topic, but got also the same problem.

It´s a bit anoying to change every settings out of the game (especially sensitivity). 🙄

Best options are set the Res in config, then lock the config files from being changed.

Either that or use a batch script and set the res from command line.

start Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe CNC-Field -nomoviestartup -ResX=1920 -ResY=1080

10 hours ago, NodSaibot said:

Best options are set the Res in config, then lock the config files from being changed.

Either that or use a batch script and set the res from command line.

I know, already did that. I´m running on 4k. 😊

...but there are other options which a want to change ingame -> keys, mouse sensitivity, advanced settings, sound/music, ....

Yes, i know where i can find them, but how said, a bit annoying. 😅

• Totem Arts Staff
15 hours ago, Caeris said:

I know, already did that. I´m running on 4k. 😊

...but there are other options which a want to change ingame -> keys, mouse sensitivity, advanced settings, sound/music, ....

Yes, i know where i can find them, but how said, a bit annoying. 😅

We'll take another look at the code and see if there's anymore we can do.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...