Could the commander have a small message PANEL that pops up when we access purchase terminal?

isupreme

Could the commander have a small message PANEL that pops up when we access purchase terminal?

So a Commander could say:    Save for x.y.z  rush plan.   Or,  We Must Take the Plateau!    Keep Reporting Infantry Path Status.    etc.

Or more interestingly,   If the commander has a philosophy of warfare -  I would like to know it and try to make it happen.     Shoot the Ground Mode!  Generate superior firepower in the cave = win.  etc...

This could be a place for  a commander to direct the team without issuing orders in heat of battle.   

What the heck...  he/she is our commander.    Why not give them more platforms to express the desired direction of Warfare

I very much feel this game overloads players with information.    I make use of it as I can, but I think a lot of new players just see it as snow as a result.    Snow  = ( o isn't that interesting but it has no impact on me)   If we can divert the flow of info into appropriate channels maybe we can lessen the need for repeated spamming of information and reduce the snow.   When a player goes to the purchase terminal we KNOW that they have a moment to absorb input.    Likewise we KNOW that in the heat of a fight players are effectively blind to anything outside of the kill zone.  

So lets direct the information to where the player is most likely to receive it and the at the right time to make decisions on purchases.

Edited by isupreme
  • Like 1

• isupreme changed the title to Could the commander have a small message PANEL that pops up when we access purchase terminal?

I seem to recall original Renegade had a chat window when accessing purchase screens, I'm sure this is where most of the serious plans were made and discussed between the most influential players. In terms of directing objectives, I'd also like the overlay map to be more interactive, the existing checkpoint system could be expanded in such a way that a commander could add or drag an icon onto the battlefield mini map that then this simultaneously triggers the meta waypoint system for all to see. i.e. Attack this building, Hold ground here. I've also become used to having an interface that can be hidden or fade away and then brought back into view when you need it, gets a lot of interface clutter off the screen, but it's still accessible with the touch of a key. You don't need to be overloaded with things like All Chat, stamina bars, ammo counts etc all the time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

I'm just gonna say that anything that has stuff to do with User Interface will be on backburner for awhile. Only few of us are capable of dealing with Scaleform GFx and even fewer of us are mad enough to be wanting to have anything to do with it anymore because of how easy it is to break the UI.

I'm one of those and I'm already dealing with other UI stuff, so.... yeah. Also, Renegade X Purchase Terminal UI is so ew that I had to basically remake Firestorm UI from scratch, both the script and flash file. Some of us are also planning to remake the Renegade X UI based on the Firestorm iteration, and I'm so NOT looking forward to deal with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1