Current stealth mechanics for Stealth Black Hand (2021)

mouse705

Hi could you please give the current stats/mechanics for SBH? Ty.

I read old threads and saw changes, but not sure which is current. "Decloak" means become fully seen. "Glimmer" means the transparent, yet semi visible character texture is seen.

1. Is stealth mode 100% (excluding towers) - or 99% depending on certain range?
  2. What range in ft can enemies see you Glimmer while walking?
  3. What range in ft can enemies see you Glimmer while sprinting?
  4. What range in ft can enemies see you Glimmer while crouching or stepping slower?
  5. Does sprinting make you Glimmer - or yes, but increases the range that Glimmer can be seen? (I thought if I stopped sprinting before getting near enemies, that I would not Glimmer.)
  6. Does any damage make you Glimmer or Decloak? Even fall damage?
  7. When under __? health, you stay Decloaked. [Still correct?: "Note that the Stealth Black Hand loses his cloaking capability when it has less than 50 health left total." https://wiki.renegade-x.com/wiki/Stealth_Black_Hand]
  8. Are there certain Inf or Veh that can see SBH when not normally Glimmering - or to make them Glimmer (excluding towers)?
  9. What is the time to reCloak after taking damage? Does doing anything help Cloak faster (e.g. crouch, not sprint, not move)?
Edited by mouse705

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, mouse705 said:

Does sprinting make you Glimmer - or yes, but increases the range that Glimmer can be seen? (I thought if I stopped sprinting before getting near enemies, that I would not Glimmer.)

Sprinting will increase the range at which you can be seen

Does any damage make you Glimmer or Decloak? Even fall damage?

Only damage from other team

When under __? health, you stay Decloaked.

50%

Are there certain Inf or Veh that can see SBH when not normally Glimmering - or to make them Glimmer (excluding towers)?

No, but infantry have a 10% longer vision range than vehicles

What is the time to reCloak after taking damage?

If you haven't shot or anything to go fully visible, it's around 1 second. Higher veterancy levels make you cloak faster, but the veterancy boost only applies to actual decloaking, like firing. The default time at recruit is 5 seconds, then it goes down 1 second every level.

Not sure what you mean with the first question, but the range ones aren't really easy to tell exactly if you're ingame. Sprinting gives you 50% bigger detection range (400 unreal units [25ft] up to 600 unreal units [37.5ft]), and remember infantry have 10% further range. I don't think there's really a good ingame way to measure or determine how far away you are. As far as I can tell, crouching makes no difference with stealth.

• Like 1