Bloom?

Fishyshoe

Hello!

I do have a fair few questions about some of the settings I'm not sure I fully understand (mostly graphic, if not all), but let's take it one thing at the time.

For starters, what exactly is the "BLOOM" setting? what's the difference between having the value set to 0.00 or 1.00?

More questions coming after this one, unless what I wrote below will happen 😉

Thanks!

P.S. May I suggest, if it is not too much of a bother, to post a list of all the different settings and their meanings? apart from the self-explanatory ones, of course.

Thanks. I mistakenly thought it had something to do with the flora 😅

Silly fish.

Well I am curious about all the other settings (such as post-processing effects, static decals, etc.) but unless you have the time and willingness to briefly explain about every single setting (not only for my sake, by the way, but the entire community) - then we can leave it as it is.

I just wonder if I'll be able to tell the difference between ON/OFF for some of them, and how much they can affect performance (namely FPS).

• Totem Arts Staff
6 hours ago, Fishyshoe said:

Thanks. I mistakenly thought it had something to do with the flora 😅

Silly fish.

Well I am curious about all the other settings (such as post-processing effects, static decals, etc.) but unless you have the time and willingness to briefly explain about every single setting (not only for my sake, by the way, but the entire community) - then we can leave it as it is.

I just wonder if I'll be able to tell the difference between ON/OFF for some of them, and how much they can affect performance (namely FPS).

Post processing is no longer in the settings menu, unless it was readded back. Post processing covers a wide range of visual effects, such as depth of field, blur, colours and etc.

Static/dynamic decals are 2D textures like a sticker on meshes. Such as, blood effects, splatter marks, scorch/burn marks, tiberium veins, etc.

UDK | UsingDecals

From what I know, ambient occlusion has to do with approximating lighting and shadows.

Bloom has less to do with looking directly at lights, and more about how it makes other objects around it "glow". This includes making rocks and other stuff that could be considered "shiny" to be coloured like the light sources around it.

UDK | Bloom

The other settings are mostly self-explanatory.