How to make AI do task such as Capture Solos. Also is there any way to set win conditions using Kismet.

John50

Hi I am using the Unreal Engine 3 editor (UDK). I was just wondering how to make the AI interact with solos by capturing them. Another question is how to make AI interact with triggers. Lastly is there any way to set win conditions using Kismet like for example to capture all the solos to win the match. Any information would greatly be appreciated thank you.

• Totem Arts Staff

I am not aware of any code that would make bots captures tech buildings.

For triggers it depends on what exactly you want to do with them. Are you trying to make a capture volume?

There are tech buildings kismet events you can hook into, however you would probably need to create a "counting" system in kismet to keep track of which team has how many and how many they need to win.

The Renegade X has an active modding community on our Discord and we have channels dedicated to creating mods and getting help creating them. If you want live support, I recommend joining there.

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

I am not aware of any code that would make bots captures tech buildings.

For triggers it depends on what exactly you want to do with them. Are you trying to make a capture volume?

There are tech buildings kismet events you can hook into, however you would probably need to create a "counting" system in kismet to keep track of which team has how many and how many they need to win.

The Renegade X has an active modding community on our Discord and we have channels dedicated to creating mods and getting help creating them. If you want live support, I recommend joining there.

Yes a functional capture volume would work. No problem but I was wondering if there are any tutorials that show which kismet codes are useful to make bots capture solos. If there is any way of using capture volumes then please let me know.

Edited by John50

• Totem Arts Staff

From what i know, the coding for the a.i bots behavior made with something called states. 

There are different states like "run", "attack", and go on. 

You can create and use exist stated to determine the bot behavior according to the state sequence. 

Here are the offical docs, but i suggest research more on Internet and review the renx code for bots. 

https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/UnrealScriptStates.html

Also as Sarah said, join us on discord, we have dedicated channels for modding.