Trying to join a server or lanuch the game, nothing happens.

Thaylaron

You should give us more information about your system.

Also, what happens if you try to run the UDK.exe directly? It's located in at  C:\Program FIles (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe. Or the one in Win64, that one should be even better.

Does game start by running that or does your computer do something else?

• Like 1

Im not Thaylaron but when i run udk.exe (both in win32 and 64) they do the same that thaylaron said, it opens and closes.

Mi pc specs are: 
-Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20 GHz 
-RAM: 8 GB
-Video Card: Geforce GT 730 
-Operative System: 64 bits
-Windows: 10 home 

Hope this is of any help.

I re-installed Renegade X and it when I join a server the game gives a window saying the application is not responding The game worked before on a different hardrive I had but that hardrive died (it was really old) and now I have an SSD.

edit: incase this is needed here is my specs of my PC

CPU: AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5GHz

Ram: 32GB DDR3

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 480 Series 8GB

storage device: 256 GB SSD

Windows 10 64-bit

also if need be contact me on steam.

Edited by CEO of Bad Players

On 7/18/2020 at 11:49 PM, testman said:

You should give us more information about your system.

Also, what happens if you try to run the UDK.exe directly? It's located in at  C:\Program FIles (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe. Or the one in Win64, that one should be even better.

Does game start by running that or does your computer do something else?

This is Thaylaron. Thank you for your reply. Running UDK.exe directly fails. The Renegade X icon application momentatily appears in the taskbar at the bottom and then disappears, then nothing. Any thing else we can try? I want to be in Tiberian Sun in time!

Specs:

CPU: 1920X threadripper. GPU: Maxwell Titan X. Ram: 32GB DDR4. SSD. Win 10 64 bit.

If you are listening to this, you are the resistance. (sorry I just finished watching terminator)

• Totem Arts Staff
48 minutes ago, Thaylaron said:

This is Thaylaron. Thank you for your reply. Running UDK.exe directly fails. The Renegade X icon application momentatily appears in the taskbar at the bottom and then disappears, then nothing. Any thing else we can try? I want to be in Tiberian Sun in time!

Specs:

CPU: 1920X threadripper. GPU: Maxwell Titan X. Ram: 32GB DDR4. SSD. Win 10 64 bit.

If you are listening to this, you are the resistance. (sorry I just finished watching terminator)

Check that your antivirus, or Windows Smartscreen isn't blocking it. That's what it sounds like if it's showing up only briefly. 

Getting the same issue. The game seems to start but some kind of error aborts the launch. When I checked the log I found this:

[0000.75] Critical: appError called: Failed to find file for package Core for async preloading.
[0000.75] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
[0007.51] Log: === Critical error: ===

Failed to find file for package Core for async preloading.

Address = 0x74de43d2 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x10c91b1  (filename not found) [in C:\Games\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x10de52f  (filename not found) [in C:\Games\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x247e515  (filename not found) [in C:\Games\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x247de1d  (filename not found) [in C:\Games\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

I suggest anyone getting the same issue to check their log in 'Renegade X\UDKGame\Logs'.

Edited by Etern

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Etern said:

Getting the same issue. The game seems to start but some kind of error aborts the launch. When I checked the log I found this:

[0000.75] Critical: appError called: Failed to find file for package Core for async preloading.
[0000.75] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
[0007.51] Log: === Critical error: ===

Failed to find file for package Core for async preloading.

Address = 0x74de43d2 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x10c91b1  (filename not found) [in C:\Games\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x10de52f  (filename not found) [in C:\Games\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x247e515  (filename not found) [in C:\Games\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x247de1d  (filename not found) [in C:\Games\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

I suggest anyone getting the same issue to check their log in 'Renegade X\UDKGame\Logs'.

You're missing some game files. I suggest verifying game integrity in the launcher. Click the settings button in top right.

Edited by StoneD