Cannot cast commander abilities when binding Q key

Nyxblow

So I have bound the Q key to strafing left as I am using a French keyboard where Q and A keys are inverted.

When opening the commander menu and selecting an ability, it looks to be hard-coded to the Q key as it shows Q[Hold] Cast ability

When pressing Q, it just move my character and does not cast the ability. Is it a known issue? I could not find an entry in the keybinds menu for casting commander abilities.

• Like 1

Alright I had a similar problem with the vehicle lock key when I bound L to something else. Here's the only fix:

Reinstall the game.

Some commands are so fucking obscure you will NEVER be able to find them in the list of controls (customizable or by console). Unless you are able to do "setbind Q spotting"

Just re-install the game and it'll all go back to normal otherwise you can't command. It's the only thing you can do.

Be very careful when binding any key on your keyboard as this shit happens to me constantly.

Edited by Tytonium

16 hours ago, yosh56 said:

At the moment it is attached to 'spotting'. In a later update (probably not the next one) we'll make it properly customizable. Wasn't aware of the French keyboard design. 

This affects Belgian Period keyboards as well. Somehow, the world is convinced us Belgians are all frenchies. QWERTY would make more sense to me, as a Dutch speaking Belgian. The taunt control is also not usable, as I've had to remap Z to forward. My WASD is ZQSD.

On 7/18/2020 at 7:45 PM, yosh56 said:

At the moment it is attached to 'spotting'. In a later update (probably not the next one) we'll make it properly customizable. Wasn't aware of the French keyboard design. 

Thanks, using the spotting key worked!

Note that the UI still displays Q while the spotting is bound to some other key.

• Totem Arts Staff
17 hours ago, Tytonium said:

Alright I had a similar problem with the vehicle lock key when I bound L to something else. Here's the only fix:

Reinstall the game.

Some commands are so fucking obscure you will NEVER be able to find them in the list of controls (customizable or by console). Unless you are able to do "setbind Q spotting"

Just re-install the game and it'll all go back to normal otherwise you can't command. It's the only thing you can do.

Be very careful when binding any key on your keyboard as this shit happens to me constantly.

Or you can just... Reset Game... which takes about 10 seconds. Or delete UDKSystemSettings.ini