Mapping for RX: Where to Begin?

BlueToast

Howdy!

I have never mapped on any Unreal engine but have experience with Goldsource (Half-Life, Sven Co-op mod). I have Renegade-X installed and that's basically it. I do not know where to even go or begin to start with learning how to map for Renegade-X (primarily what software to install).

1. I have Renegade-X installed. I want to create maps. What software do I need to have installed (recommended and required)? And for each program identified, what is its purpose and why do I need it?

2. What never-mapped-for-Unreal Engine 3 first-time tutorials do you recommend?

3. Do you have any tips for those learning to map for (a) Unreal Engine 3 and (b) Renegade-X?

Thanks. Apologies if I am identifying the incorrect engine - I am thinking that Renegade-X runs on Unreal Engine 3.

• Totem Arts Staff

You can join my RenX Modding Discord server to have access to channels filled with resources and live support from developers and community members. This would be the best way to get started.

Edit: the main discord now has these channels. https://discord.gg/renegadex 

Edited by NodSaibot
  • Like 1