SBH Lazarus Armor

Mystic~

SBH Lazarus armour & self healing ability  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should the unique SBH 'Lazarus' armour provide a self healing ability to heal/repair any damage to health and armour?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

I wouldn't want to see the SBH be replaced or for the LCG to get a Gunner style rocket launcher, as they'd be too similar, but I do like the heavy marines featured in the Expanse, either their arm guns or rocket launchers could fit well into the C&C Universe, Starship Troopers is also sort of compatible.

and it's how the first 40k mod for Renegade X began

wakes up
uh? eh? what's happening?
ho nice armor :)  yea that's a fun concept, but LCG laser chaingun gives me a kind of.. uh.. pleasure to use ^_^ 

i like this idea of "arm gun", it remembers me.. thatRésultat de recherche d'images pour "terminator 40k"

I freakin' love Terminator armors ❤️  i want one! :ayaya: 

maybe.. it one day, someone want to try to make a kind of Tiberian Sun mode... if you look for a strong AT Nod boi, you can make an armor like in The Expanse, they looks good :)  

Haven't read through all this but you wanna give a class self-healing (which not even the epic units have) which:

• Has infinite ammo
  • has a very deadly, pretty long ranged, precise primary weapon
  • a silenced and pretty powerful side weapon
  • is cloaked
  • has a pretty high movement speed
  • costs only 400 credits

Are you serious?  There has to be downsides with that many advantages that class already have. I have the feeling you just wanna make Nod infantry just even more unbalanced (regarding the other topic  from you about LCG being so vulnerable to snipers) than it already is. Imo SBH should either lose infinite ammo or the silenced machine gun should be replaced with the pistol.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
13 hours ago, TRRDroid said:

Haven't read through all this but you wanna give a class self-healing (which not even the epic units have) which:

• Has infinite ammo
  • has a very deadly, pretty long ranged, precise primary weapon
  • a silenced and pretty powerful side weapon
  • is cloaked
  • has a pretty high movement speed
  • costs only 400 credits

Are you serious?  There has to be downsides with that many advantages that class already have. I have the feeling you just wanna make Nod infantry just even more unbalanced (regarding the other topic  from you about LCG being so vulnerable to snipers) than it already is. Imo SBH should either lose infinite ammo or the silenced machine gun should be replaced with the pistol.

and dies from 2 bullets of anything. also takes 30% bonus dmg from mobius (which also affects burn dmg as well). adding self healing, if its on delayed activation isnt much of a problem imo. like dont take damage for 15 seconds and it starts

Edited by Sarie
  • Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff

I guess it is pointless to keep discussing this topic. A clear majority (72%) voted against this suggestion. Topic should be locked.

And I think if we just replace the SBH or LCG or whatever we would drift to far away from the original idea of this game, which is to do a remake of Command and Conquer: Renegade.

41 minutes ago, Luhrian said:

And I think if we just replace the SBH or LCG or whatever we would drift to far away from the original idea of this game, which is to do a remake of Command and Conquer: Renegade.

Not really, 

Look at the marksman, as an example, this was something that didn't exist in the original,

Its a re-imagining of the original game, using a new engine (for the time)

• Like 1

LCG being so vulnerable to snipers

Yes, and Gunners... I think I argued for 'heavy' armour over LCG-flak which bullets turn into Swiss cheese and since SBH have unique armour that deviates from either flak and kevlar I don't see why something like that was not possible. I don't really like snipers in this game, but it's so frustrating to lose an expensive character so quickly and easily to a ranged attack when they basically run around the battlefield in slow motion.

...but seriously, you need to read the entire thread else you're really going to wind me up as it answers many of your concerns or questions already.

I don't favour the silenced UZI, these units already self-regenerate once you reach Elite, I have no problem with re-addressing or balancing things like weapons and it was not determined what sort of level of re gen might be suitable, but I would have anticipated something slow over time and not instantaneous. I argued because it spends so much time behind enemy lines as a commando and because they get so much random fire due to persistent scanning, random base mines that this would be a small useful feature... and of course, the cool armour name is "Lazarus" which means healing/Resurrection, myself and Rowboat thought this was a cool idea to explore at the time, but many people seem to have voted without giving feedback or it seems just think SBH are already too powerful and won't entertain the idea.

Things like this can be trailed and tested before becoming a permanent part of the game and if it was really so terrible it could always be dropped again. Like so many of my ideas or suggestions I already sense a really hostile and biased backlash for unknown reasons. I thought x2 applications of an offensive power was simply too much, but apparently most don't agree with this either. If something doesn't get the Yosh Seal of Approval on the forums it seems like nothing goes anywhere. 

Nobody seems to care how unstoppable a GDI tank column is with heavy armour once they have the economic advantage and I don't get why small improvements or suggestions to infantry can't be discussed or explored.

I still disagree.I haven't seen any good reasons why they should have self-healing.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:57 PM, Mystic~ said:

"And the Stealth Soldier is not big and slow and they don't get shot by everything." - you completely missed the point I was making about this being a completely dud comparison to make.

He was making a point. Stealth soldiers are not slow, big and easily noticed like the mammy that deserves to have self-repair.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:57 PM, Mystic~ said:

"SBH damaged to red doesn't need auto healing." - Well clearly there are some situations where there's an argument for them needing this as there are no other options, I could guess that the probability is something like 90% of all SBH that get into the red won't survive to the point that they're able to be healed by another team member; without stealth they are sitting ducks.

Just like every other characters that has critical health. I see nothing wrong with that.

22 minutes ago, Mystic~ said:

I argued because it spends so much time behind enemy lines as a commando and because they get so much random fire due to persistent scanning, random base mines that this would be a small useful feature...

That's exactly the reason why it shouldn't have self-healing. The character already has the advantage of being able to infiltrate behind enemy lines much easier than every other infantry units by far. They deserve to get in trouble if they are discovered or walked into a mine.

• Thanks 1