Clans, chat, servers

IPullHose

I was looking through this forum and saw a topic making me think back to the good old renegade days. One of my favorite parts of the game was going in and creating a clan with friends I played with in pubs, then going into the chats and seeing clans like DOA, BR, Xfactr, Mkod ect searching for 2v2 4v4 ect. Then having your clan next to you name joining the clanwar server were only 2 clans could play and it recording and ranking wins ect. I think one of the best parts of the games was the clans and groups of players you played with using teamspeak ect. Has this been looked at for renegade x? Any thoughts?

Man it's pretty hard to explain, but maybe if some people on here from the original renegade can explain it better than myself. Back when it was westwood studio servers before EA took them over. There was an actual clan page in the game itself. You could go to that page and register your clan with 4 characters such as an abbreviation, it then showed the clan next to your name. So any players you invited into your clan also would automatically show that clan name. Then there were the chat servers you would go in and there would be several of players looking for clan matches, you could see the clan name next to the players ect. So if i decided I wanted to play a clan with a couple guys from my clan we would all join a clan server. The server itself would then auto assign your clan to a side. From there it used a ranking system similar to what you guys have on this website.

• Totem Arts Staff

While it wouldn't be hard to create, I don't know if anyone would use it. I think the game is a little small, and not many are interested in clan wars now. However, if you really want it or think there's a reason for it now, I wouldn't mind finishing out the required functions for it.

I think it wouldn’t hurt. I believe it would draw attention of new players, along with help keep current players. I also believe with the proper show casing of clan wars through channels such as Instagram and  YouTube it could bring a lot more players. I for one have several friends that I have brought to the game all of them have left. One of the biggest reasons is trying to play in 60 person server and give them advise on what to do but they are killed so fast from so many different angles it’s hard for them to grasp how to play. This would allow us to go into a chat or public server and ask for a smaller clan war game and hopefully being able to find one. I’m more than willing to help in anyway get this going and completed just let me know your thoughts.

I could be wrong and I believe we all have different things we like in gaming. The best thing I believe out there is the choice to choose. If you aren't into clan wars then simply play pubs only. But the fact that you can get different groups of players that are able to compete and play against each other in smaller private games is a huge win. It allows new players to learn the game and strategies that come along with it. It also adds competition side to it, which is one thing I love about gaming. 

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, IPullHose said:

I could be wrong and I believe we all have different things we like in gaming. The best thing I believe out there is the choice to choose. If you aren't into clan wars then simply play pubs only. But the fact that you can get different groups of players that are able to compete and play against each other in smaller private games is a huge win. It allows new players to learn the game and strategies that come along with it. It also adds competition side to it, which is one thing I love about gaming. 

I agree that this sort of stuff is fun, but all I'm saying is is that there's not many, if any at all, that are into this sort of stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2018 at 11:33 PM, IPullHose said:

I have not checked these forums for a long time and I am not sure if there were any active ”original” gamers left. I used to play clanwars only and would still be interested if there is still some activity left. H20, KOSs, WNx ring a bell? We used to have great matches together.  

• Totem Arts Staff
19 minutes ago, Maj0RS said:

I have not checked these forums for a long time and I am not sure if there were any active ”original” gamers left. I used to play clanwars only and would still be interested if there is still some activity left. H20, KOSs, WNx ring a bell? We used to have great matches together.  

H20 is around in original Ren, never heard of KOSs, former WNx clan member here.