Manual Update Required

PaulX

Hi,

I need manual update for my renegade x as online update is taking to much data which i can't afford. Please give me a manual update link. Online update is showing 4 to 5gb download which is not possible for me to download. As I know the update patches are not so much big in size can you please give me only the update patch download link only. This type of problem is not only for me but for many people. So, Please give us manual update only for the update patches. Please I request you and one question also why it takes so much data to download as we all downloaded that much data still it shows 4 to 5gb download and many of us cannot download that much data regulary. So Please Give us only the update patch download only not the whole renegade x as previous versions of your site is giving such faciltiy

The launcher will only ever download the files necessary to update the game client -- it does not include any unnecessary data. All downloaded patch data is also compressed. The patch data cannot be further compressed and applied.

If you have a 4-5 GB update, then you have to download the 4-5 GB update.

Aren't there is any way to solve this as it is very difficult to download so much data during every update. This is not only my problem it is for everyone benefits. Please see to this matter immediately as we all love renegade x we want play it as long as it goes. If this much data it consumed every time then it is a problem for everyone. Please do something to help those who want only the update not the whole game.

• Totem Arts Staff
59 minutes ago, PaulX said:

Aren't there is any way to solve this as it is very difficult to download so much data during every update. This is not only my problem it is for everyone benefits. Please see to this matter immediately as we all love renegade x we want play it as long as it goes. If this much data it consumed every time then it is a problem for everyone. Please do something to help those who want only the update not the whole game.

5GB is not one update. This past patch was not even over 400mb. You're more than 1 update behind.

Map files all together are 3.06GB (excluding the FrontEndMap, MenuMap and MenuMap_LOC_INT files, guarantee that those are the files which create such a large update for you if any have been edited and updated then your update is replacing those files with more up to date versions. This is unavoidable whenever any (and/or however many) map(s) is(are) updated.

Not sure if all updates get rolled into one here or if you will have a few other updates after your 4.0-5.0Gb update.

It would be pretty moronic to be forcing clients to update map files only to update the same map files with more up-to-date map files of essentially the same map, just sounds very stupid.

@Agent Are all updates rolled into one update if clients are behind in game updates? (i.e. Client A is on 5.30 but Client B is on 5.32, would both clients be downloading update 5.34, or would Client A have to update to 5.32 first?)

(To any undesirable fool: P.S. This is a hypothetical, don't come in here with your "Actually the updates go in X sequence" testicular sass)

Both clients would download update 5.34, however the files they download may be different.

For example, let's say we have a client on version 1, and they need to update to version 3.

Version 2:
* Minor modified to 'foo.upk'

Version 3:
* Added 'bar.upk'
* Minor modification to 'baz.upk'
* Major modification to 'whatever.upk'

The client will:
* Completely redownload 'foo.upk'
* Completely download 'bar.upk'
* Download a small part of 'baz.upk'
* Download either a large part of 'whatever.upk', or redownload it entirely, whichever is smaller

You'll notice that even though 'foo.upk' only received a minor modification (just like 'baz.upk'), it had to redownload the entire file. This is because while the patches do include delta updates (incremental patches to individual files so that you don't have to redownload the file), these aren't yet carried over between updates. This is an optimization that has yet to be implemented.

What this means is: as long as you do not skip updates, you will receive the full benefit from patch deltas. When you do skip updates, you currently only get some benefit from patch deltas.