Why Was Generals 2 Cancelled? - Investigating Command & Conquer

LavaDr4gon

Saw this recently and then stumbled onto Forged Battalion by Petroglyph. They're an indy game studio that was started by some of the original team from the original command and conquer. Its in early access for 20 bucks, but its got mixed reviews and updates to it are slow, also heard it has almost no one online most of the time and the campaign is kind of non existent right now. Not sure if its worth 20 bucks yet... I mean it looks like a good idea, but I think they released it for early access too early.

Edited by Apoc

C&C Generals 2 - How one publisher proved how little they pay attention to the gaming community by trying to SimCity the C&C Franchise and then giving up entirely because the strategy genre only makes money via browser games... R.I.P. Passionate Game Development teams 

On 4/30/2018 at 2:51 AM, Apoc said:

Saw this recently and then stumbled onto Forged Battalion by Petroglyph. They're an indy game studio that was started by some of the original team from the original command and conquer. Its in early access for 20 bucks, but its got mixed reviews and updates to it are slow, also heard it has almost no one online most of the time and the campaign is kind of non existent right now. Not sure if its worth 20 bucks yet... I mean it looks like a good idea, but I think they released it for early access too early.

If Grey Goo wasn't riddled with game-breaking performance issues on release it could have been a great game because it had depth and a satisfying art-style (imo) if Grey Goo didn't flop so hard they would have had more money to spare them from the shallow game that is 8-bit invaders, 8-bit Invaders is an amusing little n light RA2'esk RTS but its single-player mode is shallow and repetitive.

I'm not quite sure what Petroglyph are trying to achieve but they seriously need to try harder at creating a game with depth, similar to Grey Goo but allow for more expansive base construction which by the looks of the trailer Forged Battalion may do justice to anybody wanting to build bases and produce units... The reviews for Forged Battalion are 'Very Positive' on Steam so far. Third times a charm, aye?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...