Fair Play Inc - Prize Table / Feedback / Updates

TomUjain

• Totem Arts Staff
8 minutes ago, ps212 said:

Every time I am in the server and a new map loads, it defaults me to GDI. It doesn't happen on the other servers (or at least it didn't used to, I've only played on Fair Play over the last few weeks). So I'm thinking it might be a server-related setting? Is this possible?

I don't see how any server setting could cause this. I'll change the team mode anyway and see if that fixes anything.

5 minutes ago, Sarah! said:

I don't see how any server setting could cause this.

I'm wondering... how does the server decide to assign players to each team? Is it GDI-NOD-GDI-NOD as each player finishes loading?

If, for example, I am the first player to finish loading in a series of games, would it make sense that it assigns me to GDI every time?

• Totem Arts Staff
11 minutes ago, ps212 said:

I'm wondering... how does the server decide to assign players to each team? Is it GDI-NOD-GDI-NOD as each player finishes loading?

If, for example, I am the first player to finish loading in a series of games, would it make sense that it assigns me to GDI every time?

Yes.

1 minute ago, Sarah! said:

Yes.

Is there anything that can be done about that, either on the server end or on my end? Or do I have to settle for manually trying to switch teams whenever I fancy playing as Nod?

As I mentioned, this doesn't seem to happen on the other servers.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 minute ago, ps212 said:

Is there anything that can be done about that, either on the server end or on my end? Or do I have to settle for manually trying to switch teams whenever I fancy playing as Nod?

As I mentioned, this doesn't seem to happen on the other servers.

No other server uses that specific setting, that's why. I will change the setting tonight when people are offline.

• Totem Arts Staff
3 hours ago, TomUjain said:

Just a heads up, Goku does a monthly clean up of the server leaderboards; so if you want to exchange any points I recommend doing so before the end of the month (contact me).

oh is that where all my recs went to? lol

• Totem Arts Staff
9 minutes ago, roweboat said:

oh is that where all my recs went to? lol

No. That was an incorrect statement by TomUjain. We keep Alltime, yearly and monthly leaderboards. The !rank and !ladder commands use the monthly. The recs are just bugged.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sarah! said:

No. That was an incorrect statement by TomUjain. We keep Alltime, yearly and monthly leaderboards. The !rank and !ladder commands use the monthly. The recs are just bugged.

Just checked and yeh looks like Sarah is right, i thought it was set to reset it.

On 6/5/2018 at 6:00 PM, Sarah! said:

No other server uses that specific setting, that's why. I will change the setting tonight when people are offline.

I think the setting change worked. I played about 7 games in a row and started on GDI twice and NOD the rest of the time. Not sure why it's uneven but it's a lot better than before where it was GDI every single time. Thanks!

Hello guys,

Firstly I want to thank everyone who has shown support and faith in FPI and its ideals - FPI will always do what we feel is best for the community at RenX which leads me to the main purpose of this topic.

Players.

I feel that many of the issues we face stems from the small community, and, ideally -- I would like to see several full servers as I feel having one dominating server, be that mine or any other is unhealthy in the long term. Over the last few months FPI have had a system in place where players have been incentivised to play via the points system, which allows players to 'exchange' points for 'prizes' -- my hope was that this would give people more motivation to play.

However, I've had only 6 people come forward to claim a reward, and I feel that this money could be better put elsewhere. Thus I will be removing the reward points system as of today and instead putting all of the monthly prize budget into full RenX marketing with the overall goal to atleast double player count by the end of this year. I would also like to have specific ads to bring in new coders and developers with the end goal to help bulk out the dev team.

This budget will be roughly £40 a month for adwords and £40 a month for YouTube, If anyone would be willing to donate to help with the advertising I would be extreamly greatful. I will publish the full data for everyone to see here. Just note that this 'project' won't go live until the following month (Aug) but this is something in the pipe line. Until we go live, I will not be excepting any donations.

What I need in the meantime

• Several 30s trailer videos to be posted on YT
  • Ideas for a 'landing page' where the ad link will take the person to

I welcome your input and ideas and will be checking in every now and then to listen to what you guys have to say :)

• Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff
40 minutes ago, TomUjain said:

Hello guys,

Firstly I want to thank everyone who has shown support and faith in FPI and its ideals - FPI will always do what we feel is best for the community at RenX which leads me to the main purpose of this topic.

Players.

I feel that many of the issues we face stems from the small community, and, ideally -- I would like to see several full servers as I feel having one dominating server, be that mine or any other is unhealthy in the long term. Over the last few months FPI have had a system in place where players have been incentivised to play via the points system, which allows players to 'exchange' points for 'prizes' -- my hope was that this would give people more motivation to play.

However, I've had only 6 people come forward to claim a reward, and I feel that this money could be better put elsewhere. Thus I will be removing the reward points system as of today and instead putting all of the monthly prize budget into full RenX marketing with the overall goal to atleast double player count by the end of this year. I would also like to have specific ads to bring in new coders and developers with the end goal to help bulk out the dev team.

This budget will be roughly £40 a month for adwords and £40 a month for YouTube, If anyone would be willing to donate to help with the advertising I would be extreamly greatful. I will publish the full data for everyone to see here. Just note that this 'project' won't go live until the following month (Aug) but this is something in the pipe line. Until we go live, I will not be excepting any donations.

What I need in the meantime

• Several 30s trailer videos to be posted on YT
  • Ideas for a 'landing page' where the ad link will take the person to

I welcome your input and ideas and will be checking in every now and then to listen to what you guys have to say :)

I'd be willing to donate towards this. Sounds like a great idea.