Renegade-X Battle Royale?

zocom7

Well I didn't want to mention this in the Feedback/Bugs section since few people posted there (mostly for bug issues), but since some are calling for more game modes in Renegade-X, I figured it would be best come up with this. Because why not, Renegade-X already has most of the stuff needed for a Battle Royale: large scaled maps great for a MOBA, crates, vehicles, weapons and different character class roles. The possibilities of this game mode can be limitless. I wish the devs of Totem Arts can implement this without profiting from micro-transactions, but wait.... Ren-X is already a free game after all. Ren-X can be improved much more with this new game mode in addition to just command and conquer.

If I wanted a free Battle Royale game without microtransactions, this game along with Unreal Tournament could have the potential.

There wont be any microtransactions since EA wont let us earn money.

And fuck no there are slready too many battle royale now. I dont think anyone would really play a renx br cause we already dont really have a big playerbase, people would just stop playing (even faster than on normal games) if they keep getting 1 shot, i dont think the server/game can really handle bigger maps with bigger player cap (crashes).

• Like 1

It won't work.
Battle Royale games requires HUGE playerbases in order to fill up their matches quick and fluently,
It can take seconds to die but up to 30 minutes or so for the match to end.
Renegade X has just about enough players to fill a 100 player match during weekend peak hours, but thats assuming they all want to play BR and are ok with waiting a small eternity for another match to start after they die.

The very same suggestion was made and discussed in the Unreal Tournament forums a while back in hope of bringing over Fortnite players, Epic owns Fortnite and UT and have moved ALL their resources over to Fortnite since a year back, this has caused alot of despair regarding Unreal Tournaments future.
The idea was quickly shot down with the argument that a fast shooter can't have a respawn timer taking up to several minutes, it clashes with its core concept, just as it was clear that a 100 player server couldn't support the same speed and accuracy UT is known for over such a large map.

I think the same goes for this game, Renegade X BR can't have respawn timers that are even LONGER than mere minutes, its a TDM shooter game.

And then we have the shitfest Robocraft, who also decided to move over their resources from their original game to create a BR version of it.
They left their original RC in a bad state while at the same barely having enough developers to work on a brand new BR version.
No one asked for it nor had any major interest in it, and when the playerbase saw the developers had no interest in fixing their original game they left it,
FreeJam just jumped on the bandwagon without thought, from a 25K playerbase to a 1900 playerbase because of greed and neglect over the course of 4 years...

Edited by Syntharn
i dont want my english teacher to haunt me.

How about something like what you see in WH40K, where you have a map of an area set up in different sectors, and over a long campaign, fights on certain in game maps will end up with those areas becoming part of NOD or GDI.

I'm not sure this would be possible, but could certain techs/units/vehicles be limited based on the area? Like say, a certain area would give the faction mendozas or Sydney's so having that area would be a big boon. 

A couple of game-masters would decide what areas would become warzones to fight over or there could be a vote as to which province/sector gets attacked/defended.

The problem is the steam roll effect in this, if the enemy team has say. Mammoth Tanks, but then the other team doesn't even have artillery, that would either push them to be really creative in how to tackle problems... Or most likely, get completely crushed after a certain point.

Still though, it would allow for smaller matches over a long campaign. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2018 at 8:00 PM, yosh56 said:

Wait wait wait... I'ma let you finish..... But this post just made me realize that Command and Conquer: Sole Survivor was the first actual Battle Royal game...... 

LMAO thats freakin great never even heard of that one....

Also as stated above battle royale is hard to do with out a big player base.... other wise its just a last man standing deathmatch game, which I wouldn't mind as a new game type either.

Edited by Apoc