Update me + OG ren mode?

MPF PwnCall

Hey friends,

been around a while and am currently releasing maps for the original renegade ( you read that right).

played renX a few years ago and am looking to get back into it, so what has changed since then?

Also I know a lot of old timers are still playing the original ren since the gameplay is significantly different.

i was thinking if an OG (original gangster) renegade option or setting could be made? You know to make the game play like the original (slower more strategic)

for example don't allow ADS, no sprint, change character and vehicle speeds, etc .

To much work?

anyways good to be back again!

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, MPF PwnCall said:

Is there anything you couldn't do to make it like the original?  That's cool I didn't know if it could be done.

i think it would be cool to import some OG ren maps with the bad textures and all, you know to play them on an engine that isn't from the Stone Age.

If you could convert them to fbx models, sure. I already used 'shells' taken from OG maps... Alpine, Glaicer, Arid etc. I have been messing around with XCC and searching through some old assets. TGAs are compatible with UDK, but like I said, you'd have to convert the w3d's to fbx's. Message me on Discord if you still have it.

Bubbles#8066 or hop on the RenX /AGN discord which is linked below.

Edited by Sarah!
  • Like 1

Lighting would be better,  but these reasons would be the most beneficial-

-merge 2 small communities

-w3d engine has some bugs that make it unenjoyable( teleporting players when jumping over objects,  bad lag online, terrible net code, glitchy weapon switching, vehicles get stuck due to lag when going close to objects, among others.)

-ease of access,  OG renegade can be hard for beginners to get running on newer machines. Have to instal several different programs to run.