HoN = WF, Bar = Strip. Lets talk price balance.

Madkill40

• Totem Arts Staff
8 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Just like how the Meds are 800 and this leaves GDI at such a huge disadvantage in a lot of games, it is easier for Nod to have an economic advantage.

................ Are you sure we're playing the same game? Meds can push a field with minimal support, and hot wires that are missing several chromosomes. For LCGs to even do anymore than defend, they require Techs with at least half a brain, and they themselves need to be cognicent of how they're moving so they can be repaired. 

Oh... Right, and Meds don't fear anything on the field killing them suddenly in one hit. 

They're not THAT comparable to the point where the economic advantage isn't balanced out in other ways. 

54 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

Lazers still being cheaper than meds... barely a nerf

if you can't rollover or HS the LCG with your med, it takes ~8-11 hits to kill a damn "man tank". so you're busy killing a single inf unit for ~17-25 seconds which gives Nod enough time to deal with the vehicle...

especially bad for geeds, if the LCG knows how to make good use of his EMP + if someone else kills the field repair.

• Totem Arts Staff
14 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

if you can't rollover or HS the LCG with your med, it takes ~8-11 hits to kill a damn "man tank". so you're busy killing a single inf unit for ~17-25 seconds which gives Nod enough time to deal with the vehicle...

especially bad for geeds, if the LCG knows how to make good use of his EMP + if someone else kills the field repair.

Oh no, it's like GDI might need to buy at least one or two things other than Meds every once in awhile... sooo horrible D= 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, yosh56 said:

Oh no, it's like GDI might need to buy at least one or two things other than Meds every once in awhile... sooo horrible D= 

yes, they do.

I just wanted to highlight, that a single LCG can be a pain in the ass for a medium tank. both fractions rely on a good combination of units.

• Mammoth tanks only might work. but they might also end up blocking each other permanently, feeding Nod with easy VP.
  • Meds only might work, but they lack DPS/splash (they can't replace MRLS or Mammoth) - unless they move & FIRE as a group!
  • Artys only might work.... until GDI kills the field reps or gets 2 mammoth tanks, focusing each arty after the other [or GDI uses Gunner to counter Arties in the first place - see Islands.....]
  • LTs only might work - but they usually don't due to lack of DPS (Arties needed!). 

literally anything might work. but a balanced combination of various units has much better chances to succeed.

Edited by DarkSn4ke

I strongly disagree with making med tanks cheaper. Although 50 credits isn't much, it still makes it that much faster for gdi to pump out meds. Which is essential when you play as gdi. Every "nod" map is reliant on getting arties out in the field AND getting them infront of gdi base before gdi can get meds to help push them back. gdi can get gunners, but they dont have the staying power that meds have. If too many people waste money on gunners, that just means less meds. Also if you make sbh and lcg more expensive, you are just compounding the tank disadvantage.

Nod's advantage is the early game and alt/stealth tactics. Gdi's advantage is staying power in the field and late game. 

I feel like the flow of the game is good right now. Changing the timing (getting units available sooner or later) this late in the development is inadvisable in my opinion. Id rather see changes in unit stats and features instead, if they actually need them. The ONLY things id like to see change in price is light tanks and mammies  *cough mammies op*  I feel like this video sums up about how i feel when i drive a mammy