I'm tired, I did everything, but it did not work, only developers need to solve this problem

Henk_BR

Hello everyone, today I'm here to report a problem that bothered me a lot after buying Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, well, I noticed that it's running at 100 fps, so that's ok, the problem was when I opened Renegade X , II used to play at 30 fps and never realized that this fps was so bad, but when I realized the difference from 100 fps to 30 fps, it started to bother me so much, Paladins and Renegade X use the same engine, so I inserted "Super Low Graphics - Paladins" in the Renegade X files, the game got really ugly as expected, but... FPS CONTINUES IN 30, I think my PC is not so weak when I can not play Renegade X at 80 fps, I hope there is one correction soon or anything that improves, this fps is unbearable, I left the game for months because I can not take it anymore.

Here is an image of the game with "Super Low Graphics - Paladins":

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3e7d52b26f013b49cddace96dd20a649.png

Thanks

(Google Translate)

Oddly enough, some of the higher settings you'd expect to lower your FPS doesn't lower it at all. The noticable exceptions are post processing and dinamic lighning.

My advice is to disable framarate smoothing, look into one of the config files search for "MaxSmoothedFrameRate=xx" and change it to something that suits you. Also close the launcer while playing. For me, quite often it locks up one of my CPU cores which drastically lowers my FPS.

9 hours ago, Sarah! said:

Post your computer specs and the settings you use in RenX.

In fact, the game is way more optimized than it used to be, it would only achieve that frame rate if your computer isn't that great for gaming

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor 2.80 GHz

RAM: 4GB

Type of system: 64 bits

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (Always with the driver updated!)

In fact, seeing it like this, my PC is only medium I think...

(Google Translate)

23 minutes ago, Radeon3 said:

Oddly enough, some of the higher settings you'd expect to lower your FPS doesn't lower it at all. The noticable exceptions are post processing and dinamic lighning.

My advice is to disable framarate smoothing, look into one of the config files search for "MaxSmoothedFrameRate=xx" and change it to something that suits you. Also close the launcer while playing. For me, quite often it locks up one of my CPU cores which drastically lowers my FPS.

What file is MaxSmoothedFrameRate in?

• Totem Arts Staff

how can you compair a game like csgo to renx with the hardware ya running... 

csgo is running on source engine which is much older then ue3... csgo is not that demanding as there is little to no physics simulation 

you system would struggle to play any modern aaa game from the last 5 years... but you say your system is medium when i fact it just makes it to an entry level system (if that) 

using the workstation insider program is silly with that system as the workstation build is for high core count and a butt tone of ram 64gb+...whe is you only have a 2 core cpu that is 10 years out of date and 4gb of my bet ddr2 ram

top and bottem is you cant complain about low fps with a old system that doesn't meet the minimum system requirements

over the builds we have streamlined and optimized but the game will never play like Dota or solitaire 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kenz3001 said:

how can you compair a game like csgo to renx with the hardware ya running... 

csgo is running on source engine which is much older then ue3... csgo is not that demanding as there is little to no physics simulation 

you system would struggle to play any modern aaa game from the last 5 years... but you say your system is medium when i fact it just makes it to an entry level system (if that) 

using the workstation insider program is silly with that system as the workstation build is for high core count and a butt tone of ram 64gb+...whe is you only have a 2 core cpu that is 10 years out of date and 4gb of my bet ddr2 ram

top and bottem is you cant complain about low fps with a old system that doesn't meet the minimum system requirements

over the builds we have streamlined and optimized but the game will never play like Dota or solitaire 

"how can you compair a game like csgo to renx with the hardware ya running... " Never compared, I said that when I saw a game run at 100 fps, I realized that 30 fps is very bad

"csgo is running on source engine which is much older then ue3... csgo is not that demanding as there is little to no physics simulation" Yes... CS: S has more physical simulation than CS: GO, but the graphics are also old

"you system would struggle to play any modern aaa game from the last 5 years... but you say your system is medium when i fact it just makes it to an entry level system (if that) " Ok... ;-;

"using the workstation insider program is silly with that system as the workstation build is for high core count and a butt tone of ram 64gb+...whe is you only have a 2 core cpu that is 10 years out of date and 4gb of my bet ddr2 ram" I heard about it ... but they told me that I could use it on mine as well, that it would be good, so I started to use ... Oh, and about Insider, I do not have PC to put Windows 10 Insider, I know is a disadvantage in the games but I've always been on the Insider, but thanks for letting me know that using Workstation on my PC is silly thing

"top and bottem is you cant complain about low fps with a old system that doesn't meet the minimum system requirements" I've never cared about the graphics, always on the FPS, so running a game on Very Low for me is not a problem though ... I've seen on a topic that Renegade X on Very Low is worse than Medium, High or very high, so I use one of these three

"over the builds we have streamlined and optimized but the game will never play like Dota or solitaire " Never played Dota even haha, and Solitaire too is an exaggeration haha

Thanks...

(Google Translate)

• Totem Arts Staff
11 hours ago, Henk_BR said:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor 2.80 GHz

^ That. Base UE3 (which the UDK is) has a hatred for most things ATI/AMD. I've friends with actual high end gaming systems that struggled to run RenX for the 20 minutes I was able to get them to try Renegade in any of its iterations. 

Also try running the game maxed out completely. It runs far better on Ultra for most.

• Like 1