Cost not resetting after team swap

Red

Swapping teams after one team loses a building maintains a cost penalty.  For example, if you lose wf as GDI, say "screw it" and swap to NOD, you pay 2x as much for vehicles.  Pretty sure that's not intended behavior, as it would incentivize people to just quit when their team sucks.

Mad, Vandal, when it's bad it instead makes em leave.  Or swap anyway and then burden the winning team.  Or go afk repping a building because the fun is gone.  Really, if you want to go after people swapping go after the early-game stacking.  Perhaps balance off a weighted mix of K/D, experience, and recent winrate, and limit swapping to prevent it exceeding some bound?  I know it'd probably only work with steam account users, but it's still an improvement.

Right now people stack immediately on game start, and by the first minute in you can tell who's gonna win off point count and player stack.  For games under one hour, I would oddball guess maybe 90+% of the time the team which has the highest score by 3 min in is the winner, it's ridiculously predictable.  We need a performance-oriented swap and balance system, if we're gonna restrict swapping.  People with 10:1 kd's shouldn't be able to stack all on one side, and you cannot honestly expect most players to stick through being on the other side of that when they've lost half their buildings because teammates are incompetent and 2-3 good players can't carry a 20-person team.

And thanks, Jessica.  I'll keep an eye out.

Edited by Red
for some reason it threw a spoiler box in my post.

The ability to swap team should be disabled when either team is able to surrender.

So the first 10 minutes of a game should be the only time you can swap teams.

Maybe try disabling team swapping until 10 minutes into the game so its really only used to practice and not whilst eveyone is trying to join the game as this clearly affects the games autobalance.

Other than that, wasn't there some team balancing voodoo being worked on based on global game rankings or something?

Edited by Madkill40