old school player - Few questions

x9millix

I'm x9millix. I played the original game in its prime. I mainly did snipe clanwars as a member of +RST+ . I finally am getting around to checking this remake out and was wondering if any old school players were around. Drop your old renegade name(s) in this topic and maybe we can relive some nostalgia!

Now to the actual questions:

is this community active? How is the player base and all of that? Does renguard exist as it once used to? Feel free to add any pros/cons

Thanks!

Now as I wait on the downloader, I am looking forward to digging into a remake of one of my favourite games of all time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, x9millix said:

I'm x9millix. I played the original game in its prime. I mainly did snipe clanwars as a member of +RST+ . I finally am getting around to checking this remake out and was wondering if any old school players were around. Drop your old renegade name(s) in this topic and maybe we can relive some nostalgia!

Now to the actual questions:

is this community active? How is the player base and all of that? Does renguard exist as it once used to? Feel free to add any pros/cons

Thanks!

Now as I wait on the downloader, I am looking forward to digging into a remake of one of my favourite games of all time.

my name in old rengade wash The-Red-XCannon but that was a long time ago and i was just a kid i remembre how the game was but dont remember people names any way welcome to renegade-X :)

My old one was GenKazuma. Been through about 6 names since. Not particularly proud of that.

Either way, this game is active a broad stretch of the day, but often not the entire day.

There is no RenGuard. It runs on UDK for Unreal3. It has it's own verification of files, and there are some engine injection exploits we occasionally see, but they are quickly halted by server operators, because every game is recorded through Unreal3's server captures, simulating every player's input and reproducing in-game including their hud and such.

The game has various upgrades to make the game stalemate less and make all units have reasons to use (it's no longer useless to get an officer or an LCG or Mobius). It has building armor and health to make buildings take gradual damage. It has a few new weapons and replaces a character used twice (Sydney) with a new character. It has infantry armor types to diversify infantry into anti-armor and anti-infantry. Infantry damage to MCTs do much more damage than in old Ren, further giving infantry more of a purpose. There is also veterancy, where every match everyone starts as "recruit" and slowly advances to Veteran, Elite, and Heroic, giving bonuses based on what the player is using. MRLS gets extended magazine, some units get hitscan projectiles, most get additional health, and damage to structures become more effective.

The community has a Weekly Organized Game, you need Teamspeak3 to join, by connecting to ts.constructivetyranny.com at 1pm USCentral. Teams split into 2 and communicate with voice chat, making the games competitive and well-organized.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have been DrDanthrax99 since birth. Well, maybe not that long, but I've used this name for an extremely long time, and that includes the time I played Renegade. I'm glad to see there's still life in this community, I log into XWIS, "23 Players Online" and I get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.