Renegade X Community Channel

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

RenX_Logo_Original.png.9a13b41976c86ffabadb51c8bc280d1c.png

Hello there people of Renegade X,

As you may know many popular games uses Social Media to share new updates, screenshots and more to gain more populairity and players. Renegade X has been on Facebook and Twitter now for some time and we have gained even more players over the years! We have true Renegaders, who have been playing this game since 2002 and we have new players, who never played Renegade multiplayer or never one of the C&C Games. We totally appriciate the new players, but our goal is to be one of the biggest. That's always been a dream, right?

Many games have an Official youtube channel where they upload new gameplay, trailers etc. Now it's time to do the same! That's why I created a new Channel where Renegade X takes the spotlight like never before.

But what do you want to see on the channel? Share your ideas, to make Renegade X a success!

Subscribe to the channel and turn the Notifications on!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IMOuzXAmIOEErvra1bVSQ

Edited by TK0104

Thanks for the initiative, but this might need a bit mor coordination. Especially, as a major push in PR and advertising is aimed for at the "final" release; i.e. after Beta Stage.

In terms of content:

Summaries of weekly PUGs, using gameplay footage of different players, TS recordings and RypeL replays.

New trailers à la "squad stories", which highlight the team play aspect (strategy, coordination) of RenX gameplay. This could be done by arranging/coordinating a scripted match, which is recorded for this sole purpose.

So I presume that means that FobbyGen's channel won't be used as an official way to deliver RenX promo videos any more.

Who will have access to that channel? If you get hit by a bus, will there be a way to keep the channel going?

@j0g32 Squad stories as in this or this? (o fuck, made me find this parody)

I think that best way to make RenX trailer in that format would be to record TeamSpeak chat seperately from in-game sound in future PUGs, and combine that with @LavaDr4gon's style of video instead of in-game footage, meaning PUG demo file also has to be recorded on server.
I think that would produce better, more natural scenes than something scripted.
But if it turns out that scripted match will look better, than I gladly take my part in it.

Relevant topics:

• Totem Arts Staff

I don't see Fobby Gen's return on youtube...... The last time he posted a vid was during Beta 5 Launch

At the moment I'm the only one who can upload something because it runs on my google account

57 minutes ago, TK0104 said:

I don't see Fobby Gen's return on youtube.

I'm not saying he returned. Just that your channel would overtake the role of his channel.
Don't get me wrong, I approve the idea of channel for all things RenX related instead of having RenX promo videos on someone's personal channel.

But still, you should explore few options about how to handle the channel access.
I'm saying that because Steam Group seems to be in the situation where we don't know who has access to the admin account.
Hopefully owner did not get hit by a bus.
It would be nice if same thing would not happen to this YT channel.
Or Twitter and Facebook. Do we know who has access to those two?

@TK0104 for now you could name the channel Ren X community or something like that, since none of the official Devs would have acces to it (at the moment)

And check out the topics that @Norcmentioned, which point at some ideas / discussion in this matter (if you haven't already)

Yes, i like the Planetside 2 and EVE online trailers, and we could easily do this with a PUG as @Norc suggested: record the teamspeak and a demo separately, and perhaps also mix in some first person clips from those who record regularly. And for this kind of trailer we shouldn't script anything.

However, i was thinking about Bad Company 2 Trailers "Squad Stories": 

The idea is to highlight the different (interdependent) features of RenX gameplay in a small anecdotal story from the point of view of a few soldiers/squads:

- purpose of different classes (sniper, engi, antitank, commando) and how their equipment can be used to support the team (repairs, emp, smoke, etc)

- c&c gamemode mini objectives: destroy the refinery to harm the economy, capture a silo to secure income (again), destroy powerplant to shut down the defenses etc.

- vehicle & infantry combined warfare (and their strengths and weaknesses)

- superweapons

- direct interaction of these elements in different situations (sieges, distraction, rushes etc.)

I outlined 1 or 2 script ideas (of what happens when and why) in one of the above mentioned topics. A script would be needed to show "how the gamemode is meant to be played", because real players play a bit differently (e.g. bunny hopping around, and there are no passive/stupid patrols; sneak-in is easily noticed, and people scream mines!)

The script should help to convey a bit of realism, but mostly highlighting the features of RenX gameplay variety.

Edit: instead of cutting individual bits of all the cool features in RenX, potentially from different situations and even maps, keeping a consistent background, focus and storyline shows that e.g. infiltration, artillery bombardment, superweapons and airstrikes are all alternatives for the same situation. And if you dont plan and coordinate this  (with a script) it's unlikely to happen in a real game such that it can be showcased nicely...

Hope that makes sense ;)

Edited by j0g32
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...