Using Kismet to destroy GDI buildings

DoctorAnubis

Has anybody found a way to destroy GDI buildings via kismet?

I've tried numerous methods yet GDI seems invulnerable to kismet, unlike Nod. Can't seem to suss it out, wasted a good 3 hours with no luck o.O

Failing that, would it be possible to trigger a script which destroys an entire teams base?

• Totem Arts Staff
43 minutes ago, Agent said:

You can't just find a way to call Destroy() on the building?

Pretty sure that would be a bad thing. 

Pretty sure you CAN just tell a building to take damage though, and set the source of it to like team 255 or something. 

PS... I have no idea how Kismet works. That's in that thing with all those camels. 

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, DoctorAnubis said:

I can't figure out how to do that, I tried spawning in a deployed beacon but as everything automatically spawns as gdi it fails

bots cant be told to deploy weapons like remote c4 or beacons ....  but you can spawn tem with say a volt rifle and be told to hit a mct 

On 04/04/2017 at 2:35 AM, kenz3001 said:

you can modify the "internal" health ( same way i got the building health in kismet here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDPJNIpP3rw&index=15&list=PLCXI7m_9Es70QZYj02u8CeGB_qij14Bxf but using a modify node ) but i believe the building wont update to the destroyed state

Hey Kenz, the modify property works a charm. But you're right, the building destroyed state doesn't update. I spawned a bot to finish the job :) This is now working. I noticed in Rx.Game.uc there is "function CheckBuildingsDestroyed(Actor destroyedBuilding)" but I haven't a clue how scripts work or how to call it so the bot trick has done the job

• Totem Arts Staff

I tried this long time ago, you can use it via kismet where you tell the Building to take a specific amount of damage - or just the Health get reduced to 0
But the only Problem is the building get destroyed only at the start of the game not when the Level is loaded that dosn't worked for me.