WorldInfo.WorldGravityZ = GravityZ;
	Super.InitMutator(Options, ErrorMessage);
}

defaultproperties {
	GroupNames[0]="GRAVITY"
	GravityZ=-200.0
}

• 2 years later...

Why does this & other files have so many different ones of different sizes when you click the download button? (see example below)  Theres nothing saying anything about if each is a newer version than the previous or is some how different in any way. Please explain what the differences are if any & why theres no explanation to begin with? Im confused yes, but im also asking because when other new players come here looking for files their going to be just as confused & very possibly might just say F'it! & leave. An were trying to get as many ppl to play this & spread good things about it right? Well this is one way to possibly lose some. Im only thinking of the game...2TR3f.gif

Mod File Name - Rx_Mutator_LowGrav 1.0.0

Rx_Mutator_LowGrav.uc 781 B

Rx_Mutator_LowGrav.u 3.4 kB

Rx_Mutator_LowGrav_-100.u 3.4 kB

Rx_Mutator_LowGrav_-200.u 3.4 kB

Rx_Mutator_LowGrav_-300.u 3.4 kB

Rx_Mutator_LowGrav_-400.u 3.4 kB

Rx_Mutator_LowGrav_-500.u

Rx_Mutator_LowGrav.uc is the source code (as a .uc file), for anyone who wants to see how it works, or perhaps modify it and compile it themselves. The .u files are the actual mutators - each one modifies gravity to a different degree, with -100 being very low gravity and -500 being slightly low gravity. One would only run one of these mutators at a time.

As to lacking an explanation... Sometimes things just don't get documented thoroughly or clearly. As you say, it can be difficult or confusing, especially when you first encounter it, so those of us who do upload files should attempt to supply adequate documentation. It just doesn't always happen.

Oh ok, thank you all for the quick, polite & descriptive responses, i do appreciate it & sorry it took so long to respond back. I thought it automatically subscribed you to a thread when you posted but it dont. :P Now i understand why there is more than one file, but. i still wonder why there is more than one file.  An by that i mean i play alot of UT2004 also & ive never seen a mod set up w/multiple files to adjust one thing. Its always been one file & then when you get into the game you can adjust what you need from there, but now im realising that UT2004 is very unique in their adaptation of modding. They even have their own name for them, their called Mutators on there. The word/name Mod is also used but its used to describe a file that changes the game its self or converts it to a whole new game like UT2k4Halo. Theyve used the Unreal Engine & converted the game to Halo, w/vehicles, buildings, weapons & everything. Anyhow im rambling, ive been up all night so ill say thank you again & ill "Catch Ya On The Battlefield!" :)

Well, this is built on UDK, which is, in my understanding, pretty much the free version of Unreal Engine 3, so there should be similarities between here and UT2004. We also call them mutators. : )

Really, it just comes down to implementation. You could use multiple mutators that each change something to a different degree (take this for an example), or you can use a mutator that would be configurable via config file, or one that takes input from in-game, whatever the modder desires.

8 hours ago, Wyldcard said:

Now i understand why there is more than one file, but. i still wonder why there is more than one file.

The source of this mutator is in the *.uc ("Un"-Compiled).
The other files are the compiled files. You only need one *.u(Compiled) file to start with.

For a better understanding open the file : Rx_Mutator_LowGrav.uc, this is the source for all the files.
Inside you will see the variable "GravityZ=-200.0` at the bottom, all the *.u files had the same content before compile except this value difference.
I did add this file so you can change this value to any number wanted, ending up in creating your own mutator.

An other option is to use the precompiled files.
You can change the filename that have numbers (Rx_Mutator_LowGrav_-100.uc) to Rx_Mutator_LowGrav.u
Then all the files have the same start parameter : Rx_Mutator_LowGrav.Rx_Mutator_LowGrav

I always did name my files as the class inside is, there are some exceptions as you see in here, but then you will see values on the end of the file names.