Game Mode Suggestion - Wealth/Tiberium Monopoly

Handepsilon

• Totem Arts Staff

So an idea came to me one day, about some game mode variation for RenX, here's the little unpolished rundown

Goal : Gather a certain amount of money before your opposition

Mechanic :

1. Players start with NO money. All incomes are stored in the base, which players can withdraw from or deposit to up to $1000, after either of which players will have no access to the 'bank' for 1-2 minutes. Donations are still possible.

Spoiler

Probably might not affect much, but each time a player or vehicle dies, other players might be able to gather 'bounty' dropped from the corpse, consisting certain amount or all the money they possessed and a few extra. If this is to be implemented, dying will make you lose the money you dropped. Suiciding/Friendly Fire will not drop bounty, with suicide making you lose all your money

2. Instead of AI controlled Harvester, you need to control your own harvester to gather at the specific point. Harvy destruction remains the same

Spoiler

-You can probably request delivery of additional harvester, but each time you lack of harvester, you will be delivered one for free.

-Maybe add green/blue tiberium difference

3. Base is indestructible. Instead, you can infiltrate and sabotage the enemy MCT (with good ol' method, but faster progress) to gain bonus or deter your enemies. Effect lasts until the MCT is fixed

- Barracks/Vehicle sabotage will deter production like normal game. Airstrip and WF sabotage will make the harvester slower to replenish

- Defense tower sabotage will disable it

- Tiberium Refinery sabotage will slow down the Tiberium unloading and stops automatic money trickle

- Power Plant sabotage will cause the base to go on low power. Defense tower has less fire rate as opposed to being disabled (not sure about this)

4. Instead of nuke beacons, you can gain access to a hacking item, which you can use to steal good from enemy buildings, deployed similarly as beacon

a. Buildings must be functional

b. Buildings can only be stolen from by one player at a time. Each player can only steal from one building at a time.

c. Players must bring the stolen goods to the buildings' respective counterpart.

d. When the infiltration

e. Bonus is as follows

- Infantry/Vehicle buildings infiltration will earn team wide veterancy points

- Refinery infiltration will steal up to $500 (thief can't access this money until they take it back to their own refinery. Death returns the money back)

- Other buildings do not yield bonus (at least I can't think of anything for them)

Thoughts?

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

It's still just an idea, maybe when it is finally high time to make use of that game mode drop down menu. So that may not mean today, tomorrow, or even next year, but maybe someday

As for code, I don't have anyone in mind yet. Maybe when I finally get a hand on the updated SDK, I will try prototyping it. By theory it shouldn't be that hard

I like the idea. Combines something like "flag mode" with collecting resources, while you need to keep your harvester alive and destroy enemys one. But it's true that it would fragment the playerbase, but I defenitely would like to play it when the right time comes.. it means that there needs to play more players in general and waiting room with at least 6 players per team is absolutely must for this game mode. Maybe it would be played on PUGs first for a few rounds per game, before full release on public servers.

Yet harvester is not so tanky actually, he would need to get small HP boost for this game mode specifically I guess, or he will be absolutely shread by 1 or 2 flame tanks/apaches/orcas, no matter how much hotties will be running around.

Edited by Axesor

• Totem Arts Staff
15 hours ago, Axesor said:

Yet harvester is not so tanky actually, he would need to get small HP boost for this game mode specifically I guess, or he will be absolutely shred by 1 or 2 flame tanks/apaches/orcas, no matter how much hotties will be running around.

Provided they can afford the flame tanks/apaches/orcas in the first place that is.