Mammoth shells not inflicting damage

sterps

I've noticed while playing over the last few weeks, that when engaging in tank battles, while using a Mammoth tank, often my shells do NO damage to enemy vehicles, even if i hit them a several times in a row. I land direct hits... and no damage is inflicted.

Edited by sterps

• 7 months later...

Since nobody replied here yet, I wanted to bring this topic back up and would like to ask if someone already looked into this? @yosh56

I have played more often with the Mammoth Tank lately and noticed that this happens quite often to me. Though it really seems to affect no more than the damage of the double cannon to vehicles.

• Like 1

For me it mostly applies to just 1 double-shot at a time, but sometimes 2 or 3 double-shots in a row, then the cannons do damage again for most of the time. So at least there is no need for me to get out of my tank, but I already missed quite a few vehicle kills due to this bug.

Edited by Denuvian

This still happens to me quite frequently, and usually at pivotable moments during tank battles that adds to the frustration.

It's the shells that sometimes do no damage, and this can keep happening, after firing each successive volley of shells. In one example,  I've reached 6 volleys of shells with none inflicting damage.

By firing the missiles (which do inflict damage), usually stops the issue while it's happening, and the next volley of shells you fire will do damage.

But it can happen again and again after you re-engage other targets.

I'd happily try and fraps it (or whatever it is you do to capture it) though I've never done that before, and would need some a place to upload the video as well.

Edited by sterps

19 hours ago, sterps said:

By firing the missiles (which do inflict damage), usually stops the issue while it's happening, and the next volley of shells you fire will do damage.

Well this explains why I've not run into this issue when using a mammoth tank, I always fire missiles between cannon shells. 

This sure is an odd bug.

• 4 months later...

Was planning to report this when I noticed the topic.

I've noticed this at least 20 times the past few weeks (since I tend to sit a mammy these days often). First I thought I was tired and not aiming well, but after some trial and error I figured that this wasn't the case. This topic proves that even more. I did not test what @sterps says but I noticed that missiles always get registered and do damage but that the main gun doesn't.

If this fixes it I now know how to overcome it but sometimes I like to keep missiles apart for specific occasions.  It's also annoying when, like yesterday for example, I get killed by a flamer cause twice my maingun doesn't do damage...  If you miss damaging (or like yesterday killing) a building it sucks, but losing your last vehicle due the bug sucks even more.

Would be appreciated if someone could look into it!

Generally firing the missiles will stop the bug from occurring, but sometimes the bug re-occurs right after firing the missiles. 

I've been trying to record this on video, but it's so sporadic and turning recording on an off is very tedious, that coupled with only being able to play renx one a week if I'm lucky.

I remember dueling with a light tank once, I should have easily taken him out, 4 volleys registered no damage on the light tank, and he killed me.... I was like wtf? He said it appeared like I wasn't firing my cannons at all.

Which kind of sounds like, me firing wasn't registering with the server.