Decrease Time that kill gets attributed to a player

TheOlsenTwins

Hi,

Not a big issue, but maybe easily fixable: Quite often when I get damaged by somebody on the field but manage to get away (or the damaging person is killed) but end up dead after some time anyway (falling of cliff, lava, tiberium, suicide) the kill gets attributed to the last person anyway. This is sometimes kind of goofy. (as it has happened long after the person damaged me)

Possibly, the time that a kill is recognized for the last damaging player could be lowered to the max time of burning/chem damage. (or other suggestions for this)

The thing in itself isn't a real issue. Imagine people just binding suicide to a button, or just dying on purpose, and once you are close to a kill you just click that, so the enemy doesn't get the reward for that kill. 

But yeah, the max time could be slightly lowered. Not to burn time, as that is way too low, but maybe thrice that time. (7 seconds?)

10 hours ago, KrypTheBear said:

The thing in itself isn't a real issue. Imagine people just binding suicide to a button, or just dying on purpose, and once you are close to a kill you just click that, so the enemy doesn't get the reward for that kill. 

But yeah, the max time could be slightly lowered. Not to burn time, as that is way too low, but maybe thrice that time. (7 seconds?)

Enemy gets the kill if they were the last one to damage you and you suicide via the menu.

• Totem Arts Staff
21 hours ago, TheOlsenTwins said:

Yes, but i also had it happening through fall damage - will look when it happens again...

Was the original behaviour from Unreal Tournament, meant so that people get kills when they hit someone with a launcher and knocked them off of the map. Still kind of applies to RenX so you can't suicide and deny kills/points/VP 

• Totem Arts Staff
15 hours ago, yosh56 said:

Was the original behaviour from Unreal Tournament

Was pioneered by WhoPushedMe mutator in UT99 I think? It's kinda annoying on those tall maps in classic UT99 where you push the opponents off the platform and you don't get credited for it. Or the fact that your score decreases because you accidentally maneuvers off course while on battle, making you have to kill some more extras than you should

#DM-Hyperblast