Map Pack - Custom Maps

Fffreak9999

• Totem Arts Staff

Hi All.

As many of you know, we have started putting some extra maps onto the Constructive Tyranny servers, and some people seem to be having issues with downloading them for whatever reason.

As such I have created a Zip file for all the maps that are in place on the Custom Map server at this time, and some of these have also been added to the AOW and Marathon servers. If you are struggling to download the maps via the launcher for whatever reason, please use the download link provided below to download the Zip.

Please note this file will not be updated regularly, so if map updates are released after this, this file will not be kept up to date.

If there is a significant amount of changes I may release another one.

New Map Packs

All the Maps on the Test Server   (1.7GB)

Currently in use Maps   (559MB)

• Agent unpinned this topic

No, there are 22 maps in the pack. The maplist in this pack is as following:

• Sniper-VantagePoints
  • Containment
  • JFF-RocketHill
  • Frost
  • Woods
  • CoastalSmall
  • Sniper-Park
  • Glasses
  • WoodsV2
  • Headlands
  • TrainingYard
  • BeachHead
  • XMeteor
  • City_Flying(Thommy edition)
  • Cliffside
  • Tunnels
  • Walls_Snowing
  • UphillRedux
  • River
  • Frostbite
  • Paradise
  • Resevoir

Combined with the environment packages this is a normal size :)

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Madkill40 said:

1.6GB for three to four maps? That makes no sense. How?

On 27/09/2016 at 0:37 AM, Fffreak9999 said:

As such I have created a Zip file for all the maps that are in place on the Custom Map server at this time

I suppose when you make a thread "Map Pack - Custom Maps" on the same day custom maps end up on the marathon and AOW server it can easily be misunderstood.

On 9/27/2016 at 0:37 AM, Fffreak9999 said:

As many of you know, we have started putting some extra maps onto the Constructive Tyranny servers, and some people seem to be having issues with downloading them for whatever reason.

...You expect too much if you think I read past your opening statement, which is incredibly misleading because a smaller sized map pack with just these maps would have actually made a lot more sense and been much better for the majority.

All you've done is 

"You want to get on the server and play the current custom maps? Well here is EVERY MAP at ONE POINT SIX GIGGZ! No you can't have a smaller, more convenient to download map pack of the maps that are currently being used for AOW and Marathon! 

Y'know?

Cause ~400mb in this case is better than 1.6GB. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Fffreak9999 said:

For Some reason I cant extract them :(

I unblocked them

When I try to extract, its says its empty ...But its not !

Edit: Id Sent to another pc Where I have IZarc installed

IZarc said that the headers was damaged on both Zip.

I could  continue ..At the end it said CRC Check  failed on Both zip .one was for Tunnel the other was for Frostbite these 2 was not extracted

Edited by Xtractor

weird ..than probably damaged in transit lol..will try again later

mb it pass by Japan and got hit by the tsunami lol

EDIT:

in progress with GetRight app

The server Disconnect at 22% and again at 44% and 66 % and 88% (But got it all OK)

Resumed 4 times

--------------------------------------

All%20Maps%20Pack.zip

Resumed 14 times

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the  default Windows 7 dowloader Its losing 230 MB in the process and only resume 1 time at 22% (incomplete and damage files)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remark :you should consider FTP as a sharing tool

Edited by Xtractor

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 1:51 PM, Fffreak9999 said:

Does this have the current Walls_Snowing map that ConstructiveTyranny is running now?

Also, is this the patching launcher that ConstructiveTyranny meant?

mMwXL2Z.png

Sometimes in-game during a ConstructiveTyranny match (on their server), the auto-scrolling host says something like "Use the patching launcher to auto-download our custom maps."

• Totem Arts Staff

@Chrisjh0223 Yes, that is the patching launcher, when you attempt to join a server which hosts a map you currently have not downloaded, or does not match the existing file (on your storage), it will attempt to locate the file in the Map Hosting Server, if you use this launcher.

As for Walls_Snowing it was intended to be a Christmas-y theme'd map for everyone to play on for a bit of fun during the month of December.

1 hour ago, Chrisjh0223 said:

These map packs replace the need to download the maps through the patching launcher, as they contained (Accurate at the time of posting) the latest version of the maps that were available, on the Map Hosting Server.

The frequently used maps option does include the CNC-Walls_Snowing.

1 hour ago, Chrisjh0223 said:

Oh, so the map packs in that quote are outdated?

On 5.12.2016 at 3:08 AM, Fffreak9999 said:

as they contained (Accurate at the time of posting) the latest version of the maps that were available

Some maps - especially those from the big map-pack - are out of date. reason is simple: they are either WIP or just have been released.

As you can see in the Developement section the mappers are updating their maps frequently, as do the testers / devs with their bug reports / general suggestions

Walls_Snowing was released separately by Thommy (with the peremission of Henk) on Monday:

Edited by DarkSn4ke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, Wyldcard said:

When i try to use the " All the Maps on the Test Server   (1.7GB) " i get this page - 

ScreenHunter_16%20Feb.%2002%2011.13_zpsn

Smile-hiding_zpshyuoe9vt.gif

confirmed

https://renegade-x.com/files/category/4-levels/

you can download the maps here as well (no mappack here, but these versions are up to date)

The last mappack update is kinda old :/ there have been a lot of version updates from various mappers ;)

EDIT: @Wyldcard do NOT download the latest Tomb version if you want to play on a regular server!

Tomb 1.8.1 is the latest release, but the official patch version (regular map rotation) is ~2 versions older?

Edited by DarkSn4ke

15 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

confirmed

https://renegade-x.com/files/category/4-levels/

you can download the maps here as well (no mappack here, but these versions are up to date)

The last mappack update is kinda old :/ there have been a lot of version updates from various mappers ;)

EDIT: @Wyldcard do NOT download the latest Tomb version if you want to play on a regular server!

Tomb 1.8.1 is the latest release, but the official patch version (regular map rotation) is ~2 versions older?

I thought it was updated to the latest version last patch then hot fixed after that?