Renegade X - Horologe Series

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Yo,

So a different announcement than normally, pure because I just keep announcing maps the same way so I thought why not make a small series of the map with gameplay.

The map: CNC-Horologe,

Maybe you still remember it from the old UT3 Renegade X days. It was actually a smaller version of Hourglass with no side paths and less buildings. It is basicly the same as the original but I have added some improvements like:

- Additional Cover

- Silo + Communication Center

- Infantry Side Path

- Gameplay changes

So for now enjoy the series and I will add a normal WIP forum later:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5OEjEVej4A

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Madkill40 said:

wtf did I just watch?

A video made by myself. And yes I can say I used the C&C Renegade RENSERIES thingy to make it pretty.

And yes I used some cheating  (God Mode) And disabled a few sounds.

If you have feedback on the map. Let me know

• Totem Arts Staff
41 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

Hourglass map looks swish but the context of the video is lost on me.

I did some changes to the map to take us back to the original game

Edited by ThommyK0104

Dude, don't rule out my Hourglass Matey : )

+ When Hourglass is finally perfected.............could have ripped the sides of and base defences 

+ Whiteout is really an Advanced Horologe and a minor Hourglass (Sides but no Defences)

Looks Decent but will be very similar to others, not sure how this will plan out

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, kenz3001 said:

horologe is basically white out / hourglass with out the side paths ... its 2 bases 1 tunnel and a hill its a fun 5 min play map 5v5 but with 40 players 20 vs 20 it wont be good at all its an apc rape map ... if it was inf only then would be good

Well I made some changes to make it better as I said earlier. Horologe now got 1 sidepath for infantry only which.

And yeah it is a fun map because if you got the hill, you're good to go. If you lost the hill, you're doomed

57 minutes ago, TheDeadlyWolf said:

Dude, don't rule out my Hourglass Matey : )

+ When Hourglass is finally perfected.............could have ripped the sides of and base defences 

+ Whiteout is really an Advanced Horologe and a minor Hourglass (Sides but no Defences)

Looks Decent but will be very similar to others, not sure how this will plan out

I wasn't expecting you would do Horologe. Whiteout is actually an advanced version of Horologe but I wanted to make A Horologe.

You can see it as a different Whiteout, only without snow and base defence

And don't worry about stealing Hourglass from you because I'm expecting you're doing a great job on the original map

Edited by ThommyK0104

20 minutes ago, ThommyK0104 said:

Well I made some changes to make it better as I said earlier. Horologe now got 1 sidepath for infantry only which.

And yeah it is a fun map because if you got the hill, you're good to go. If you lost the hill, you're doomed

I wasn't expecting you would do Horologe. Whiteout is actually an advanced version of Horologe but I wanted to make A Horologe.

You can see it as a different Whiteout, only without snow and base defence

And don't worry about stealing Hourglass from you because I'm expecting you're doing a great job on the original map

lol thommy that's what i said ' Whiteout is really an Advanced Horologe and a minor Hourglass'

I wasn't planning on doing Horologe, I was just saying that I could have ripped the sides of, and made it day - if wanted and saves time

Well, there's no hope in that, has the Longest Delays (Months on End) creating so much Hype (I wish :)) the first map to introduce Celling Turrets, then Doctor Anubis does it in Paradise (not using my script though - decided not too) has a few Easter Eggs, Special events, Very Unique I must say...with scrin the original owners...

Hourglass is Cursed (thx Kenz) - Broken SDK, can't even work on Stronghold :( 

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

Hourglass top hill only ever needed to be slanted to GDIs base to enable AGT fire.

This way the Ob AND AGT can fire at what's on top.

Fast way to fix that, alternatively create a scene of cover and short routes at the peak of the hill to make it more playable and less Arty/MRLS party.

Edited by Madkill40

• Totem Arts Staff
12 hours ago, Havoc89 said:

Oh hey its Horologue! That was a neat map back in the day. Whiteout is the official predecessor to Horologue while at the same time paying tribute to Hourglass.

Well this is Whiteout whitout Whiteout. It's the original Horologe only with some changes made by me and it has the original environment of the Original Renegade Hourglass which I liked very very much.

It's my tribute to Hourglass of course

2 Upcoming Episodes for coming weeks:

Episode 2: Ion Cannon Beacon - September 28th 2016

Havoc takes on the Nod Airstrip with an Ion Cannon Beacon and his humvee.

Got anything bigger?! Humvee's are not my style! - Havoc

Episode 3: Black Nod Engineer Appears - October 5th

One of the Black Nod Engineers are making their apppearance in the battlefield to destroy the GDI Refinery.

Edited by ThommyK0104