LCG VS Patch

The thing is, they say that some characters are meant to be even with each other on opposing sides, but they're not if both players are at the same level. LCG indeed has more firepower than Patch, slightly. However, they are EXTREMELY slow. I think putting them at engineer speed or slightly slower would be better than their current pace. Patches, with how maneuverable they are, can just dance around and pick off the LCGs quite easily, especially with LCG having flak armour which makes them more vulnerable to bullets. But yes, you're right. Patch is slightly better than LCG at their respective jobs.

I would also like to make a comparison between Mendoza and Mobius, as it's clear that while Mendoza has the range advantage, Mobius is more lethal. Mendoza, I don't care what the devs claim of their anti-vehicle mode for their weapon; it's just shit against vehicles (also buildings), unlike Mobius who is quite deadly against ALL infantry, vehicles, AND buildings. While I guess that both Patch and Mobius make sense in that GDI is supposed to be more powerful in terms of strength than Nod, the thing is, players don't play Nod as Nod is supposed to be, using guerilla warfare and sneaky, underhanded tactics. SBHs are rather useless unless they pull together to multi-nuke, and even then, that doesn't always work (I personally missed it when they had smoke to aid). And the stank is, for all intents and purposes, a joke. It is RARELY used in situations besides the stank rush which can be deterred by a multitude of well-placed AT mines (if the GDI team DOES place them) and anti-vehicle troops/other stronger vehicles.

In spite of these issues, I think that RenX is currently enjoying a good balance between both sides right now, better than it had ever before. I remember back when I was on Beta 3-4 and most games I joined, GDI was dominating. Then at the beginning of Beta 5, Nod suddenly got pretty OP and won quite a bit. Right now, I find it at just that point of balance that I think that RenX, as far as balance between factions goes, is almost perfected, or as close to perfect as it can be. So for now, I couldn't really care too much about these minor things I listed up above.

I don't know how many times it was said, that LCG is supposed to be primarily Anti-Tank that can also kill infantry, while Patch is supposed to be primarily Anti-Infantry that can also kill tanks.

They do decent in this regard. Seeing as how LCG has huge health and flak armor, he can survive a long time against tanks. LCG can still kill a Patch at a close range engagement, but that isn't supposed to be common. At long range, Patch can suppress LCG, but LCG can repel GDI Tanks appropriately.

They are both equal tools, but not for the same job. Like you'd buy a wrench and a screwdriver at the store for the same cost, but wouldn't use them for the same job.

Likewise, Mendoza and Mobius are equal, but not the same. Honestly, they are a lot closer in "usage" and "job", but Mendoza is in fact just as strong. The DPS is actually more reliable on med-range tanks, considering you can arc it for terrain protection, assuming you can lead your shots. It is also just as destructive or moreso against buildings. Mendoza is easier to get damage on infantry, both if he misses a lot, and if he hits a lot, due to his rate of fire giving him so much opportunity.

I have a small suggestion for GDI/Nod interaction. If LCGs were buffed in speed, could always extend "electric damage to SBH" to also apply LCGs which use robotic armor too. That way, LCG get buffed, but also have a hard counter, and Mobius can be equal to Mendoza while also serving as an expensive counter to Nod Mid-tier. You could also buff Mendoza a bit, something that isn't his infantry dps, maybe higher vehicle dps in exchange for faster ammo consumption, in light of the Mobius buff.

Then again, it's really fine as is as well. LCG got his infantry nerf and still sucks against snipers too, but still is one of few things keeping Nod in the game against GDI tanks.

Patch and mcfarland both are too fast right now.

Especially mcfarland, considering that his weapon is an AOE instant shot, so he can just sprint and fire non-stop.

I like LCG where he is at. Patch and mcfarland speed advantages just seem too much right now.

shouldent it be LCG vs gunner ? and Patch vs SBH ?

This is how I took things.

Despite their intended roles I almost always use LCG vs infantry because of its high rate of fire and the EMP when storming buildings. I'll pick one to go up against tanks if I can't afford a Rav. I almost always use Patch against other vehicles, he does mediocre damage to other infantry (haven't really tested the grenade-launcher yet).

I feel that LCG should have 'heavy' armor given its slow speed and not be cut down so easily by bullets, perhaps make it very susceptible to energy weapons as suggested (PIC/Mob) but I don't know how that would work in reality.

Gunner still sucks to use on the field because he's really slow and almost everything kills him despite the crappy carbine. But he's a good defender and good in numbers rushing against buildings.

I agree McFarland is too fast/effective for 150.

I don't really like using Mendoza anymore other than rushing the GDI barracks on Field. His main gun feels comparatively weak unless you have superior Bananas aim and the blue powder storm isn't so effective against tanks. Given his hefty price tag I almost always opt for something cheaper.

• Totem Arts Staff

The Tac Rifle doesn't do much of any damage vs heavy armour on tanks, literally only outclassing like the auto rifle. It's also not hit-scan, and Patch's speed is only as high as it is to ensure he can outrun SBH effectively. He also dies the moment an Artillery or a Light tank looks in his direction, where as an LCG can take 8 shots straight to the chest from a Med before going down and even with their armour type they technically have the same armour as Patch vs. bullets.

Also doza actually does more damage to tanks/buildings than Mobius, and doza has a bonus vs Flak where Mobius doesn't.

Considering some of the massive advantages on the Chem Trooper (like not even having to aim), I think Farland is fine.

Sounding like random rage posts nowadays.

Also...the hell says Gunner is lackluster? Dudes the same speed as basic infantry and does more damage than a Medium tank. And the Carbine is actually really really strong with headshots.

The Tac Rifle doesn't do much of any damage vs heavy armour on tanks, literally only outclassing like the auto rifle. It's also not hit-scan, and Patch's speed is only as high as it is to ensure he can outrun SBH effectively. He also dies the moment an Artillery or a Light tank looks in his direction, where as an LCG can take 8 shots straight to the chest from a Med before going down and even with their armour type they technically have the same armour as Patch vs. bullets.

Also doza actually does more damage to tanks/buildings than Mobius, and doza has a bonus vs Flak where Mobius doesn't.

Considering some of the massive advantages on the Chem Trooper (like not even having to aim), I think Farland is fine.

Sounding like random rage posts nowadays.

Also...the hell says Gunner is lackluster? Dudes the same speed as basic infantry and does more damage than a Medium tank. And the Carbine is actually really really strong with headshots.

Personally, I think that the chem, flametrooper, and mcfarland all do a bit too much right now vs infantry. I get their role is CQC and all, but the spray-and-pray kills come too easy right now. At least with the shotgun you have to wait for the fire rate which means you have to actually aim. I just think the damage is slightly too high to infantry, relative to the other weapon damages in the game. Only slightly though.