Crash

a friend of mine got the same problem.

launcher works fine but everytime he hits launch game or want to join a server the renegade x banner will show up and the game will crash. We tried every fix we could find on the forums some resulting in a not responding blackscreen and again crashes.

redownloading and installing did not help too.

We used the same mirror and everything is working fine for me.

both using win7 64-bit

drivers are all up to date

He is using a laptop but graphics card and cpu are able to run everything available atm.

I can ask for further system specs

we tried:

-reinstalling directx

-manual patching

-editing files: UDKSystemSettings.ini (resolution and bAllowD3D9MSAA) and some shader option in another file I dont remember right now

-deleting UDKRenenegadeX.ini

-redownloading and irenstalling

• Totem Arts Staff
-editing files: UDKSystemSettings.ini (resolution and bAllowD3D9MSAA) and some shader option in another file I dont remember right now

You positive you edited that? That's exactly what error your logs suggest you're getting. Confirm that it's set to 'false' in your case. Also you can try changing it in the DefaultSystemSettings.ini as well, though if you do that it will get reset if a patch is pushed and it sees the default configuration isn't right.

yes we did! but 333 is not the friend I referred to. so you probably found a solution for him! :)

The friend I mentioned seems to have lost the interested in any more fixing right now.. maybe he'll come back again to this amazing game some other time.

Thanks for the answer.

yes we did! but 333 is not the friend I referred to. so you probably found a solution for him! :)

The friend I mentioned seems to have lost the interested in any more fixing right now.. maybe he'll come back again to this amazing game some other time.

Thanks for the answer.

If you ever do come back to this, just remember, both try a fresh install at the time you next try it, and if it still crashes, have him bring a log and also save a DxDiag as a text file and paste it into here. It will explain in detail Graphics, Audio, OS, 32 or 64, ect, so we know if it's drivers or ram limitation or something stupid.

How to take a DxDiag:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+ ... 8&oe=utf-8

Generally, if you can play one Unreal3 game, you can play them all, but sometimes the engine can be stubborn with someone, but in the event it does, it's best to get it sorted, because he is going to want to play Dungeon Defenders or something stupid one day and it'll come back to bite him in the arse if he didn't fix it.

• Totem Arts Staff

Thanks for the answer.

Ah, right, just tell you're friend to send his logs next time. It's pretty difficult to hit targets in the dark x.x