Renegade X doesn't work

Panzer_Zadrotten

Are you sure you have the proper launcher? Never heard of launcher two.

Always a good idea to start the game directly from the folder where the game is installed by looking for udk.exe. If this works you know the problem is within the launcher and that is what it seams like. You can also download the launcher here btw:

http://renegade-x-forum.eu.file-server.download/

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
I downloaded that file but can't find the .exe file to run the game. (Note: I have C&C the first Generation Files.

Run it from the launcher exe in the Launcher folder

Can you tell me the order of files in which you found the file? - I don't see the lancher. I have the RX_Patch151 file.

I downloaded it from here http://renegade-x.com/download.php and put the file inside C&C renegade files. - Can't find any .exe files in it, even when I downloaded I made sure to put a copy of everything I downloaded in a differnt file as well. Look threw it all and found no launcher file.

Should really be a step by step (Picture/video) for this.... or at least an explanation to downloading :/

Image you posted is exceptionally small, to the point where I can't tell anything from it.

Also, Renegade X is a standalone program, it has no ties to any other CnC games, except in content, whatsoever.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/the ... 0308073752

The download for the game is a zip file.... that's just a file. I have found NO .exe files in it. THAT'S my problem.... :/

Image you posted is exceptionally small, to the point where I can't tell anything from it.

Also, Renegade X is a standalone program, it has no ties to any other CnC games, except in content, whatsoever.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/the ... 0308073752

The download for the game is a zip file.... that's just a file. I have found NO .exe files in it. THAT'S my problem.... :/

He did download the manual patch im guessing ? And he doesent know that he just has to copy the manual patch files over the installation folder ? There is no exe in the manual patch to install the manual patch. I guess thats what you are asking. So just unzip the manual patch, copy its contents and copy them over the same folders in your RenegadeX installation.

He did download the manual patch im guessing ? And he doesent know that he just has to copy the manual patch files over the installation folder ? There is no exe in the manual patch to install the manual patch. I guess thats what you are asking. So just unzip the manual patch, copy its contents and copy them over the same folders in your RenegadeX installation.

So I unzipped the downloaded folder called "Rx_Patch515"

Now were is this 'installation folder' and where exactly is it at and what is it called?

• Totem Arts Staff

Now were is this 'installation folder' and where exactly is it at and what is it called?

The default installation path is usually along the lines of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X"

Just merge the folders in the patch file into the folders that are already there

The default installation path is usually along the lines of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X"

Just merge the folders in the patch file into the folders that are already there

I have no idea how to merge them omg.... I've been trying to ask this for 3 weeks now from person to person. I have no idea were to open the game from. The files are in the same folder as my renegade wars. I just don't know were to open or run the dam thing from. People tell me just simply put the renedage X into Renegade files, or the lancher. What lancher? It won't let me just past files ONTO a lancher?

It can't be THAT hard for someone to simply go over the process and take Screenshots of what they are doing and put them onto the download page can it? I have 7 other players like myself who just get frustrated and either end up breaking or crashing thier game trying to get this game working.

Out of curiosity, at any point did you 'Install' the game? Like an actual installer came up and installed the game.

If you just downloaded the manual patch folder then you didn't actually install the game.

Were do you 'install' the actual game then? Can I get a link? Because maybe I am wrong?