Celling Turret

TheDeadlyWolf

My Celling Turret needs a boost...

Everything is fine with the turret apart from 1 thing...

I need to set the default Translation to Z=80.00 instead of Z=0.00 so the celling turret actually shoots you : D

Because at the moment, if you play this map online, the Gun will not aim or shoot you : (

So how can I apply this...Translation=(X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=80)...to the celling turret UC file?

Before I had [TmX]Handepsilon to help me with this, and we fixed all the problems that arose with the celling turret UC file, but I cant seem to contact him any more - And I've only noticed this problem recently : (

• Totem Arts Staff

PM is messed up in phone here

so anyway, what you need to do is check UTPawn.uc class for its' SkeletalMeshComponent. You'll see how they edited the translation of the mesh so the pivot is always on the center of the mesh

Now do the similar thing to your ceiling turret class

EDIT : Whoops, actually no. Look in the content browser for IronGuard, you should see a guy with golden armor. Check his translation settings by doubleclicking him and look on the mesh properties. Now do the same to your turret mesh

so anyway, what you need to do is check UTPawn.uc class for its' SkeletalMeshComponent. You'll see how they edited the translation of the mesh so the pivot is always on the center of the mesh

EDIT : Whoops, actually no. Look in the content browser for IronGuard, you should see a guy with golden armor. Check his translation settings by doubleclicking him and look on the mesh properties. Now do the same to your turret mesh

Thx dude, worked like a charm : D

Now for the GDI Harvester : D

You just have to redo paths man. Keep moving the pathnodes until it works.

You just have to redo paths man. Keep moving the pathnodes until it works.

Everything seems fine, but the harvester just keeps reversing into the wall - Like it's to steep or something

Fuck me, the turret doesn't work any more...

However I've noticed that the Pivot needs to be below the actual celling turret so the CT can rotate and shoot you...

How do I achieve this for online purposes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...