CNC-Uphill

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Hello Everyone,

Today I happy because I know how to make models of C&C Renegade Maps. And I found a map from C&C Renegade map that is still kicking on the Multiplayer Internet. And I liked the map so I thought maybe I can Remake it. Well I can say a big: Yes I can. I'm going to try to make some video's so you can see the progress of the map.

I will also make a video that shows you how to get a C&C Renegade map in the SDK.

That sounds great, but you need permission of the original map maker before you start work on a remake, or else he can get it shut down. Have you taken care of that yet?

Off course, you can still make it... man, what's the word for it, what's wrong with me today, hahaha... err... heavily rely? on the original? Not make it quite the same to the point it's a rip-off off course, but inspired off his map design (that was the word i was looking for! hehehehe :o ).

Ahh... glacier, huh! I'm sorry to inform you but that map is fan-made as well. Aircraftkiller made it and EA decided to add it to the game in an official patch. You know what, need some inspiration? I've been thinking about this map i wanted to make... but i don't have the skills, and i'm afraid not the motivation to make it to be honest. What if i explain a 'little bit' about this map, maybe you're willing to make something like it? *wide grin* ^-^

How would you find the person that made the map over 10 years ago? Let alone contact them

Well, actually... It seems like our guy released his map on renegadeforums in 2004, the last post i could find about him was in late 2013, regarding a mod of C&C Renegade he wanted to make, but never finished. His name is Titan1x77.

Not being able to find any other usernames that link to him, i googled his username in the hope he was still using it and guess what! He has a twitter account with that name which is still in use!

So, if you have to still ask for permission if you really want to remake Uphill... You know where to ask him!