Score board

Axesor

I'd like to push some suggestion up. It had good feedback before but somehow it lost in oblivion.

Main points:

-remove death count

-remove K/D ratio

-add destroyed vehicles count

-add assisted kill's count

The reason is simple. Players don't like to look at, how many times they died. So they are simply doing nothing useful or sitting and trying to fix their K/D instead of doing object or something useful (such as defending base or take a free unit and run help to their teammates). Also they don't like to risk any team rushes.

This kind of players is one of few reasons, why the game is stalemate and it's more like "sitting wars"=boring.

Maybe you are the one who is ignoring his death count, but many ppl do care.

Edited by Guest

I am in to see vehicle kills (but also repair points). I rather suicide in a firefight to get back to base asap and do something usefull than care about delaying the inevitable fact that I will lose the firefight.

Vehicle kills could also be part of (Yoshs?) veterancy system.

I agree that removing the death count and the K/D ratio might improve the number of heroes who sacrafice their life for a cause, but still these two (mainly the KD) is so much part of Renegade that I'm afraid all the K/D whore snipers would go batshit crazy about this.

I wonder how different would Walls look like if one of the team were crippled (no adv. infantry, under stalemate siege). Would there be the same amount of snipers farming them and compete against each other to safely boost their nonexistent KD, or they would do something useful for their team eg. effectively push in with tanks to finish the job.

Counting the destroyed vehicles would make more sense than the KD ratio.

Assist kills might be even problematic on a technical level. Exact time of every hit must be registered on a target in order to calculate if you really contributed to his\her demise in a timeframe. This is extra load on the CPU and imo coding all this just doesn't worth it. Also think about some scenerios: did I really help with my 2 pistol hits that Moebius who just pulvarized our target in second? I'd rather see a Repair-o-meter instead of this.

• Totem Arts Staff
I agree that removing the death count and the K/D ratio might improve the number of heroes who sacrafice their life for a cause, but still these two (mainly the KD) is so much part of Renegade that I'm afraid all the K/D whore snipers would go batshit crazy about this.

I wonder how different would Walls look like if one of the team were crippled (no adv. infantry, under stalemate siege). Would there be the same amount of snipers farming them and compete against each other to safely boost their nonexistent KD, or they would do something useful for their team eg. effectively push in with tanks to finish the job.

Counting the destroyed vehicles would make more sense than the KD ratio.

Assist kills might be even problematic on a technical level. Exact time of every hit must be registered on a target in order to calculate if you really contributed to his\her demise in a timeframe. This is extra load on the CPU and imo coding all this just doesn't worth it. Also think about some scenerios: did I really help with my 2 pistol hits that Moebius who just pulvarized our target in second? I'd rather see a Repair-o-meter instead of this.

Actually I'm fairly certain we could write in assists fairly inexpensively. It'd be 'more' CPU usage, but pretty easy to make it negligible.

For example you could save the last 5 hitters or so (in a FIFO list) and reset that list like every 10 seconds or so if no hit was made in the last 10 seconds. This shouldnt cause any noticable increase in CPU usage. It would get more complicated though if you would want to only give an assist if someone did more then X ammount of damage over a certain time.

• Totem Arts Staff

I might look into this, as I already may have to do something similar for the Commander Mod. Would just be killing two birds with one stone. Just don't expect me to be devoting all my time to it in the coming week. At some point I need to update the C-Mod with the monstrosity that I've added since the last time.