Map requests

[TmX]Super-Kh

so I just want to ask for a few things,I hope other people would agree with me on my opinions about some map design related stuff :

1- Mesa : can we please have the old Mesa back ? I mean sure everyone hated the old Beta 3 and before Mesa but the new Mesa makes it imposible for Nod to win at all,it's just not as fun as the original was :(

2- under : can we please have the tunnels from old renegade back ? the new ones are kinda narrow and buggy alot,you just keep getting stuck in weird areas,can we have the flat surface again ?

also on under : the weapons factory seems a bit far for nod arties to camp,they need to get in AGT's sight to get to it (which we all know will end up killing the arties) can it please be made closer ?

3- Lakeside : this new invisable wall near the nod refinary is Kinda game breaking for nod,as they now can't spam apaches from GDI's back to kill the camping mammies,while gDI has no invisable wall near their refinary,so GDI can just spam orcas from behind and kill nod's camping units in seconds,so can you please remove the invisable wall ? or put an invisable wall for GDI ? (although removing the walls would be better)

4- complex : can the area in the middle be an infentry only area ? (this Ice bridge in the middle of the map) because GDI just camp up there with MRLS and kill every tank nod drops instantly,which makes nod weak since they just buy tanks to get destroyed in seconds

I hope everyone will like my suggestions,and I hope they will be put into consideration in the next patch/Beta/full release

thanks.

Mesa thing could be solved by bringing whole Mesa II map back and renaming current map to Mesa III, therefore players get to choose which map they like more.

I would have a request for new map: way bigger map that would be 1:1 with maps from C&C games

In my opinion, current maps are way too small for decent RTS gameplay.

Even if it's some flat repeating terrain, I don't care, just give me something that is at least the size or preferably bigger of smallest C&C maps.

Super-Kh":cknrd9fy]

1- Mesa : can we please have the old Mesa back ? I mean sure everyone hated the old Beta 3 and before Mesa but the new Mesa makes it imposible for Nod to win at all,it's just not as fun as the original was :(

We killed GDI with Nod the last time I played Mesa. I think the current setup works better than the one where you can just camp the tunnel with arties / mrls. I am not sure how the rest thinks about this?

Super-Kh":17vodrla]

We killed GDI with Nod the last time I played Mesa. I think the current setup works better than the one where you can just camp the tunnel with arties / mrls. I am not sure how the rest thinks about this?

nod propebly won because you were leading them Ryz :P

• Totem Arts Staff

Doubt it. New Mesa... old Mesa... OLD OLD MEsa... they were all bad imo. All of them are campfests, but at least the newest one isn't a b2b campfest.

Also.. I've seen Nod win Mesa II A LOT o.O. I feel like people only judge the bad games they play. Need more truthful stats.

1) Testman's suggestion is indeed ingenious. Naming ze new map Mesa III can solve ze problemo ez.

2) Under needs more room for infiltration, cos there is only a route for infiling and infiltrators like me can be ez detected by enemies....... thats why I hate under..... , on second though wf MUST BE MOVED to ensure nod arties can blow it into solid hunks =)

3) F*** that invis shit

4) The design of complex is interesting indeed.. Shit tons of room for infiling but ony 3 buildings...... so if there are slightly a peewee bit more players playing complex infilling is impossible to accomplish...... unless u op as fuck and grab the op silo and grab the op flechette and shoot GDI foot soldier's heads off... Fully agree with mid no tnks. But I think we should make the map longer so that GDI SCUM meds can f*** the shit off NOD if we didn't spawn our lt's or stanks...... MAP LONGER AND TNKS CANT GO THROUGH MID.

On teh othe hand, WALLS NEEDS A SILO bitchas at the MID and GODRUSH needs some backdoor AND AGT.... AG F****** T balance cos two flamers in 15 v 15 match or one in 5 v 5 matches = agt fcked. Canyon needs to be renamed from gdiyon to balanceyon. COS GDI CAN BLOW US INTO SOLID HUNKS THERE HELP US AND HELP DA BROHOOD OF NOD. KANE LIVES IN DEATH.

Da Inner Circle Propaganda Division,

ljl87

On teh othe hand, WALLS NEEDS A SILO bitchas at the MID and GODRUSH needs some backdoor AND AGT.... AG F****** T balance cos two flamers in 15 v 15 match or one in 5 v 5 matches = agt fcked. Canyon needs to be renamed from gdiyon to balanceyon. COS GDI CAN BLOW US INTO SOLID HUNKS THERE HELP US AND HELP DA BROHOOD OF NOD. KANE LIVES IN DEATH.

Da Inner Circle Propaganda Division,

ljl87

Not every map needs a silo.

I don't think the current maps are plain bad or need severe changes, as everyone likes diffrent stuff and has their own skill sets that suit diffrent people better. And yeah, i know, i do get off track sometimes to the point it's hard to see that it's relevant but i try to make people look at things from a diffrent perspective, in this case: It's sometimes better to stop and think 'Am i doing the right thing?', rather than blaming the map. In the case of 'old' Mesa, especially in C&C Renegade, bridge control is key in controlling the entire map. Most if not all vehicles in the Tiberian tunnel would be vulnerable, snipers at the infantry only route can be assaulted with heavy armour and it's a major checkpoint towards the side route of the enemy base. Off course, it's difficult to access and even more difficult to maintain, but the route was so under-used at times that people sometimes forget it exists, which is exactly what made it so powerful.

I'm not denying that some maps need improvement, in fact, i think some part of the level geometry actually need an overhaul. Take a look at Under, the infantry route is so well covered by ground elevations, obstacles and trees that you are pretty much invisible to vehicles. This does need to change. But aside from this and other minor things, the map design is just fine.

I don't think the current maps are plain bad or need severe changes, as everyone likes diffrent stuff and has their own skill sets that suit diffrent people better. And yeah, i know, i do get off track sometimes to the point it's hard to see that it's relevant but i try to make people look at things from a diffrent perspective, in this case: It's sometimes better to stop and think 'Am i doing the right thing?', rather than blaming the map. In the case of 'old' Mesa, especially in C&C Renegade, bridge control is key in controlling the entire map. Most if not all vehicles in the Tiberian tunnel would be vulnerable, snipers at the infantry only route can be assaulted with heavy armour and it's a major checkpoint towards the side route of the enemy base. Off course, it's difficult to access and even more difficult to maintain, but the route was so under-used at times that people sometimes forget it exists, which is exactly what made it so powerful.

I'm not denying that some maps need improvement, in fact, i think some part of the level geometry actually need an overhaul. Take a look at Under, the infantry route is so well covered by ground elevations, obstacles and trees that you are pretty much invisible to vehicles. This does need to change. But aside from this and other minor things, the map design is just fine.

all of this is true,but none of it applies on lake side's invisable wall,that's the most anoying thing to me tbh,I am not that much into Mesa anyway,but when it gets selected and we are trying to fill the server,people just ragequit from it which is bad for us :( we